Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Supplemental update, build (2 or 3?) 18G103 - HOLY COW !  new computer!
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro (13inch mid 2012), 2.5 ghz , i5, 16 gig 1600 mhz, 1TB SSD, Mojave 10.14.6
    Supplemental update, build (2 or 3?) 18G103 - HOLY COW ! new computer!
    I recently updated to the newest supplemental update for Mojave. I came very close to updating my computer to Catalina because of the issues I was having with sleep/wake mode and in retrospect, power management issues. I did NOT want to update to Catalina for a few reasons. First, I am not a tech guy and I hate change. Second, I'm extremely paranoid of any wholesale changes to my computer. Third, there isn't anything in Catalina I'm particularly excited about.

The first thing I noticed after the supplemental upgrade, was the sleep/wake issue was resolved. BINGO, that was my goal. The next thing I noticed was everything seemed to be working better, at least with regard to what I use it for. I found that while editing RAW files in Photos, it took about 1/4 the time. I thought perhaps Photos was also updated, but the same dramatic performance improvement was apparent when using Capture One. Cool. Next I noticed that the computer was running much cooler and the fan wasn't coming on. Never a bad thing. THEN, this morning, after forgetting to plug the computer in last night, I noticed there was only about 2 or 3% drop in battery power. Since upgrading to Mojave, I would lose 50% of the battery and it was regularly totally exhausted if I forgot to plug it in.

I have ABSOLUTELY no idea if this is typical of the supplemental update results, HOWEVER, if your computer is running like a slug, and you are thinking about Catalina, do yourself a favor and make sure you have the most recent update.

ken
    Few things in life will clear out the cobwebs more effectively than fighting an 80 MPH wind on two wheels.

Supplemental update, build (2 or 3?) 18G103 - HOLY COW !  new computer!
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Thank you, Ken. Great feedback and interesting observations. Hope others have a similar experience.

I'm certainly very happy with macOS Mojave.

Ian
    Ian

Thread Information