Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Leap Frog Launcher removal
    Everytime I boot my Mac I see the following message: Leap Frog Launcher is not optimized.....I don't even know what this is...I know that it doesn't show up in apps. Where would I find this launcher....so that I can get rid of it? I am running Mojave version 10.14.6. Any information appreciated!

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Get either Find Any File or EasyFind and do a search for "Leap" in any filename. Let it search the entire drive. Eventually it will come back with what it finds for you. I suspect that at one point Leap Frog was installed and that this message is there because it was not completely deleted when it was uninstalled.
    Jake

I downloaded and ran Easy Find. Found 21 entries for leap, all located in Library. Is it ok to delete these?

Your Mac's Specs
    I did not expect that many, to be honest, so I would say NO to that question until more research can be done. I used EasyFind on my Mojave system and it found 74 matches and I've NEVER had any Leap Frog app on it. What it found was things like "IncompatibleApplications Strings.strings" and "SP_PresetMobileAppDoc.png" which have string in the middle of them for "leap" that I have highlighted.

This link: Connect Your LeapFrog Learning Device | LeapFrog is to a page at Leap Frog where I suspect one or more of these applications has been installed at some point in the past. Your problem is that unless you know which one it was, you have no way to know what it may have installed on your system. If you DO know which it was, the best way to proceed is to get AppCleaner, an application that cleans up debris left from uninstalls, then reinstall the Leap Frog app that had been installed and finally use AppCleaner to uninstall it. Or use any uninstaller that came with the Leap Frog Application, if it did.

If you don't know which application it was, your work is harder. In the list of 21, if the name includes Leap and Frog, it's probably safe to remove. If all you got was Leap, that's probably not a good idea to delete unless you KNOW beyond any uncertainty that it's associated with Leap Frog. If the find was just like mine, a combination of letters that just so happened to be leap, they are definitely not to be deleted.

Sorry this is so complicated but when programs are not removed with uninstallers they came with or with a cleaner like AppCleaner, they can leave behind debris. Now that Apple is actively warning about 32 bit applications, when it comes across one of these leftovers and sees it as 32 bit, it throws up that warning. You can ignore it, but it's a PITA, I know.
    Jake

None of the names on Easy Find say anything about Leap.....So, I think what I will do is to download what I think it was, and then uninstall the program and see if that works. I really appreciate your help on this.....Thank you so much. Have a great day!

Your Mac's Specs
    Remember to use AppCleaner to uninstall unless the app comes with an uninstaller.
    Jake

Will do. Thank you again!

Leap Frog is the little helper for kids to reads books with a pen that reads out words. You download new books to the reader as you purchase them. So either you or someone else must've installed this app at one point. As Jake mentioned, be sure that you are deleting files from the Library folders that properly mention Leap Frog and not any partials.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    As you have had overwhelmingly great advice, my minor comment may not amount to much

Just a thought. Worth checking that Leap Frog Launcher is not listed as one of your Log In items. System Preferences > Users and Groups > Login Items.

Quite probably not, but it could be the reason for the message after each reboot.

Ian
    Ian

I did check, but no Leap Frog launcher. I tried to download leaf frog from the Internet, but it won't work on this version of Mac. Oh well, I was able to get rid of some other items on the login items. So all is well. . Thanks to everyone for their help. It is greatly appreciated!

Thread Information