Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    How o reinstall Mojave for a different user?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    But you haven't actually said you booted from the USB installer, just that you "plugged in" the installer. You would need to boot from the installer to get to where you get that screen you posted.
    Jake, you are absolutely right, when I went back today to review what I had done, I had not booted from the installer.
    So I went and did that, and sure enough, disk utility showed up as an option almost immediately so that I could erase the Mojave with the wrong User data on it.
    Just shows you that I haven't done a clean install for a long time.

The purpose of the Mojave exercise was actually just a test to see if the "Save As..." permanent fix works with that OS - haven't gotten to that point yet.
    I'll transfer the correct User data to Mojave tonight and take it from there

The purpose of the Mojave exercise was actually just a test to see if the "Save As..." permanent fix works with that OS - haven't gotten to that point yet.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that Mojave with a long with Apple's management paranoia about security prevents you from doing so, at least not without disabling SIP to attempt the change.

But I'll stay tuned in...

BTW: Happy Canadian Thanksgiving and I hope you didn't drain all the eggnog.

- Patrick
    ======

I thought this would be an easy check on Mojave to see if the "Save As..." fix (so to speak) works, ie make "Save As..." a permanent option under the menu.

Well it turns out after I ran Migration Assistant on the Mojave install I did on the external partition where I installed Mojave after booting the Mini in Mojave using the USB installer, the Mini won't boot up on anything when I hold down the option key.
    I tried restart first, then I tried shutting down the Mini, starting it by pushing the power button momentarily and the holding down the option key - the Mini light comes on but otherwise nothing.
    I tried booting the Mini without the USB 3.0 external plugged in - works fine.
    Then I tried booting up the Mini with the USB 3.0 external plugged it (not holding down the option key) - Mini boots into ElCapitan, works fine, the partitions on the Mini that are not APFS show up as expected.
    Then tried it again with the external plugged in and holding down the option key (I used to get the Mac HD, the two ElCapitan backups, the partition with the installed Mojave OS and the Mojave installer before - now I get nothing.

Haven't had time today to play with this some more, just makes no sense to me that starting up and holding down the option key brings up absolutely nothing (after I ran Migration Assistent over night)

Thread Information