Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalina Bugs

Catalina Bugs
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Sure, for older tech. But more modern security shuts down the car if the fob is outside range. The thief can start the car, maybe, and jump the ignition to get it running, but if the fob isn't close to the car, the computer will shut it down. And that is what is coming. The first generation key fobs don't have the sophistication.
    Jake

Catalina Bugs
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    This thread has drifted way off topic. I started a thread at Shweb's Lounge on the topic. Let's move there and leave this for Catalina Bugs.
    Jake

Catalina Bugs
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Well I can count myself as lucky - was goin' to wait a week but wife was at an evening meeting last night w/ me at home - decided to upgrade my MBPro to Catalina (could always go back w/ a CCC HD BU) - went fine except for an issue trying to get Keychain to sync w/ iCloud (solved) - many of the issues above do not apply to me and a handful mentioned did not occur - now checking 'Music' some of my album art disappeared, so will try to add that soon - otherwise nothing drastic happened, BUT I'm about to go out of town and will wait a week before considering upgrading my other two Macs! Dave
    All of my Album Art disappeared but all of the music is still there. Get Album Artwork has returned it all, glad I have an unlimited download internet plan.

Adobe Acrobat Pro not only doesn't work its GONE. All my PDF's are now opening in Preview which is fine really but I didn't see any warnings about Acrobat being incompatible.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Catalina Bugs
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    RadDave said:

Dave, this Link might help you; can't promise, of course. Kirkville - Where the Catalina Music App Stores Album Artwork

Ian
    Thanks Ian, that is a handy link. I had looked in the iTunes folder for Album Artwork and noted it was there but I still had no artwork in the Music app. So I used the Get Album Artwork command and now it is all as before. Using the info in your link I compared the two and finding they were the same size have trashed (But not emptied) the iTunes version with no apparent effects. Looks like its safe to just delete it unless anyone is considering going back to Mojave.

As for Adobe Acrobat Pro mentioned by Randy, my copy is gone. Checking up on this with Adobe Document Cloud Why don't my Adobe apps work in macOS Catalina 10.15? I find that only Acrobat pro DC which is a subscription based app and not yet fully tested with Catalina is the current replacement. I know that my copt of Acrobat Pro was 64bit
    but the installation of Catalina somehow removed it.
    Preview is fine anyway and for more advanced stuff I'm using PDF Reader Pro - Lite Edition by PDF Technologies Inc.
    Last edited by Rod; 10-11-2019 at 01:48 AM.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information