Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Question Deleted Emails Reappear in Inbox
    Since I installed Catalina, whenever I delete an email it will reappear in the inbox the next time that I relaunch Mail. I verified that after I delete the email it is not in the Trash. So it seems as though that the email is not actually deleted.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Deleted Emails Reappear in Inbox
    Which email service? Are you using IMAP or POP? This issue wasn't present on Mojave? After deleting the email, can you simply refresh/sync/get all mail (whatever is the equivalent in your mail client) to see if the email re-appears?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

I use Apple Mail (v13.0) in IMAP format. This issue appeared for the first time immediately after installing & launching Catalina. Yes, if I click "Get Mail", the deleted email will reappear.

Hope this gives you some clues. Thank you.

What is your email service? GMail? ISP? If they have a web portal, can you login to that and see if the emails you've been deleting are present?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

I use GMail. I deleted an email; then accessed my GMail account at gmail.com. The deleted email was NOT in the Trash folder. As mentioned earlier, that email was not in my GMail trash folder on my Mac as well.

BTW, I was able to drag & drop the email into the GMail trash on my Mac. In doing so, the email did not reappear in my Inbox.

That's very odd behavior. I've seen issues with GMail and Mail.app with the Drafts folder freaking out for specific reasons, but I haven't see the Delete button not do the right thing. I always use GMail directly from the browser, so I can't really help further with what's going on with Mail.app.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

This is clearly an issue created by Catalina.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    I use my gmail and iCloud email accounts with Apple Mail in macOS Catalina, and have not experienced this issue. I never Quit Mail, it is always open in it's own Space.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Interestingly, I deleted my GMail account & then added it back. So far the issue of deleted emails reappearing in my inbox has not occurred. Fingers crossed.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    This is the thread I was saying will not move out of the “New Posts” page? Is there an issue somewhere?

Edit: After I posted this reply, it no longer showed in the "New Posts", so it must have been something I did. But when I used the browsers "Back" button (Safari Version 13.0.2 (15608.2.30.1.1)) to reply, my post # 10 wasn't there.?
    Last edited by ferrarr; 10-15-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: update
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    For what it's worth, this has not happened to me either with this thread or any other, Bob. Sorry....

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5" 3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM Catalina. iPad Air. iPhone 6S. iPod nano.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitjv26 View Post
    This is clearly an issue created by Catalina.
    Well I'm not having the same problem BUT after I have quit Mail it now takes two clicks to get it up and running again. One click seems to launch it and the second displays it!! Have seen reports of this on another forum.

Just as an aside something else has cropped up since I installed Catalina. Probably my own fault but at least two apps that were working after installing Catalina failed to reinstall after uninstalling them. One was Photoshop Elements 2018 which is, allegedly, 64bit. Should have known better!!
    Peter - I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2017 iMac Pro, 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W, 32 GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB, Mojave OS.
    I am not having that problem either. Once I delete an email it stays deleted. However, as pine man said, I as well have to click twice to open Mail.

Thread Information