Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Outook for Mac and safari issues
    I am using Mac OSX 10.14.6 Mojave

Recently for some unknown reason Outlook for Mac keeps dropping out from server. Occasionally I can receive mail and less frequently send mail. This being the case I have to revert to going to my main provider BT to ensure I am up to date with e-mails. Also I have noticed Safari is a bit hit and miss when trying to connect to the net. However if I switch over to Firefox I do not have a problem.

I have identical settings on my ipad and iphone and no issues. So a little bemused. Would the addition of Norton antivirus have something to do with this??

Before everyone jumps on you for it, you should remove Norton as you definitely don't need that.

How long has this issue been going on? Have you tried removing and re-adding the mail account? Do you get timeouts in Safari?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Not "jumping on you" but did the problem start when you installed Norton? If so, that's the culprit. Get rid of it, as Ashwin suggested. You don't need it and it doesn't do anything for you. There are no viruses for it to detect.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Not "jumping on you" but did the problem start when you installed Norton? If so, that's the culprit. Get rid of it, as Ashwin suggested. You don't need it and it doesn't do anything for you. There are no viruses for it to detect.
    It has got worse since Norton, but did have the issue from time to time beforehand. Will get rid of Norton and see if a difference.

The reason I added extra protection is that I do some on-line banking for an organisation so thought added protection may be a safety blanket.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    When you say "Outlook for Mac", is that part of the Microsoft Office suite, or are you only accessing Outlook through your browsers?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    When you say "Outlook for Mac", is that part of the Microsoft Office suite, or are you only accessing Outlook through your browsers?
    It is Outlook for Mac as part of the Office Suite.

I have taken out Norton Antivirus but he problem still persists but intermittently re sending of e-mails. I have deleted and re input my e-mail account details on Outlook and when opening up, it works OK for sending e-mails, but later lapses into the problem again.

Thread Information