Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Problems with macOS Catalina Installation
    @ferrarr
    Since Catalina, whenever I sign in and they windows are reversed.

And I assume that Apple doesn't supply any option to reverse it, and is there any reason why they changed the direction of swiping???

Or is it just another one of those annoying changes, just for the sake of change!!! :-(

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Ashwin, do you have multiple user accounts on your Mac? I have multiple accounts and noticed one of the folders was from the other account, so I'm wondering if that was why it couldn't delete?
    I have 2 accounts on my MBA (both are admins) and I had no problem deleting the folder off each of them.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    @ferrarr

And I assume that Apple doesn't supply any option to reverse it, and is there any reason why they changed the direction of swiping???

Or is it just another one of those annoying changes, just for the sake of change!!! :-(

- Patrick
    ======
    It may well be just that. I notice the rotation direction in iOS Photos > Edit has been reversed. Used to anti clockwise, now it's clockwise.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Well after resolving my 32-bit issues (very few for me) on my 'old' MBPro, I did TM & CCC backups x2 each - then installed Catalina - all seem to go well, but in System Preferences there was one Apple ID issue - I was asked for my iCloud PW and my Pro's passcode - did not notice initially that the iCloud Keychain entry was 'unchecked' - well, checked multiple times and re-did the PW routines to no effect, i.e. the Keychain box kept disabling! Apparently this has happen to others - Link 1 & Link 2 - the clue 'for me' was in Link 1 (see first pic) - apparently I had to link w/ one of my other devices and eventually a dialog boxed 'popped up' and after entering my passcode, the problem was solved - in my mind, this should have been much clearer from the start or done automatically - an iCloud issue w/ Apple possibly?

Just some further pics - the iCloud icon that is amongst the others in Mojave's Preferences is no longer present (2nd pic) - you need to 'Apple ID' to bring up the last pic (then need to click on 'iCloud' if not already selected). Dave
    KC1.png

KC2.png

KC3.png
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @Dave and possibly others,

This article attempts to explain Apple's new security policy including why it asks for your passcode from another device:

Why Apple Asks for Your Passcode or Password with a New Login (and Why It’s Safe) - TidBITS

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    @Dave and possibly others,

This article attempts to explain Apple's new security policy including why it asks for your passcode from another device:

Why Apple Asks for Your Passcode or Password with a New Login (and Why Its Safe) - TidBITS
    Thanks Ian - I own several of Glenn Fleischman's books (and finishing one now on iOS & iPadOS 13.x Security) - he's the writer in the link given and discusses this issue in his book - my problem last night was not a mis-understanding of this need, but I was constantly being asked the passcode on my MBPro (i.e. the installation machine) and not on one of my iDevices - but a good article, as usually from him. Thanks again. Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Thread Information