Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    IWT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2009
    Location
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Posts
    6,053
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Rep Power
    20
    As neither an Admin nor Moderator, I am in no position to interfere; but may I make a suggestion?

    When you reply to a specific post, it would avoid frustration or misunderstanding if you either "Reply With Quote" thereby tying the posts together; or address the recipient as @abc or @ xyz. Either method links your post to theirs.

    Just a thought

    Ian
    Ian

  2. #17
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    krs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 16, 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    As neither an Admin nor Moderator, I am in no position to interfere; but may I make a suggestion?

    When you reply to a specific post, it would avoid frustration or misunderstanding if you either "Reply With Quote" thereby tying the posts together; or address the recipient as @abc or @ xyz. Either method links your post to theirs.

    Just a thought

    Ian
    I agree, but honestone33 actually did that - I was just getting a bit annoyed that all it was, was a repeat of Jake's reply, neither one of which helped to address my issue.

    I often see threads here going totall way off the original topic and I wanted to prevent that.

  3. #18
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    MacInWin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 01, 2009
    Location
    Winchester, VA
    Posts
    7,006
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Rep Power
    27
    I often see threads here going totall way off the original topic and I wanted to prevent that.
    I posted not to take us off track but to correct what I thought was a misunderstanding that could lead to some incorrect actions. And now this thread has gone off track talking about going off track.

    Good luck with the drive. The big drives I have (6GB) I keep in one partition. I don't want to be lulled into a false security by thinking I have 3 2GB drives. And it simplifies making backups to have just one partition to backup to a second location.
    Jake

  4. #19
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    krs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 16, 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I posted not to take us off track but to correct what I thought was a misunderstanding that could lead to some incorrect actions. And now this thread has gone off track talking about going off track.
    I didn't mean your specific post - I was thinking of possible posts picking up on yours and going off on a tangent.
    And it's not so much the posts going off on a tangent, but that one sometimes can't find again what one is looking for because the post with that information is buried in an unrelated thread.
    Yeah, I know - use the search function - but if one doesn't enter the exact search terms, the information won't be found using the forum search.

  5. #20
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    14,582
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Rep Power
    25
    Just a general comment here that's not directed at anyone in particular: We seem to be swerving off-topic again. This time the discussion seems to be how the thread got off-topic. Let's try to get back onto the original problem.

    We could start a new thread but I'd like to avoid that if possible. That runs the risk of relevant questions/responses getting lost in the shuffle.

  6. #21
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    MacInWin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 01, 2009
    Location
    Winchester, VA
    Posts
    7,006
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Rep Power
    27
    The thread problem is solved. The drive is faulty. See post #16. One can say the thread veered off course, but actually it has continued past the end of the problem.
    Jake

  7. #22
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    krs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 16, 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    The thread problem is solved. The drive is faulty. See post #16. One can say the thread veered off course, but actually it has continued past the end of the problem.
    I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.
    This could have been a problem with the USB cable or even the USB connector on the Mac or the drive or the Mac USB 3.0 port that stopped recognizing the drive.
    But you're right - after installing some special drivers and running DriveDX, it came up with this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #23
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    MacInWin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 01, 2009
    Location
    Winchester, VA
    Posts
    7,006
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Rep Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion.
    This could have been a problem with the USB cable or even the USB connector on the Mac or the drive or the Mac USB 3.0 port that stopped recognizing the drive.
    But you're right - after installing some special drivers and running DriveDX, it came up with this:
    Ummm, well, I got it from your own words in post #16:
    I'm now finding out that there is something wrong with the 8 TB external.
    ...
    So...the 8 TB drive has some sort of problem.
    Now, it could have been a cable or connector, but you announced it was the drive. And I took it as you wrote it.
    Jake

  9. #24
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    krs's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 16, 2008
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    12
    Touché

  10. #25
    Some SD Backups not showing up
    MacInWin's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 01, 2009
    Location
    Winchester, VA
    Posts
    7,006
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Rep Power
    27
    Jake

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Deleting Old iPhone Backups and Viewing Backups?
    By Epicness in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 06:16 PM
  2. Stills not showing up (or showing up 'late') in iMovie playback
    By xandnotx in forum macOS - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 02:13 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
  4. What way should I go to do Backups?
    By KiwiJenn in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 12:47 AM
  5. Backups
    By rtpguy5 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 02:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •