Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Safari 13.0.1 Update failed
    I am a Windows computer tech who converted to mac a few months ago. I am a firm believer of making sure my computer is up-to-date. Software Update says I have an update for Safari 13.0.1. I tried to download and install it, it downloaded just fine but failed to install. Even if I reboot it will still fail to install. HELP!!! How do I get it to update?

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

We shall certainly do our best to help.

May I ask a few questions first, to make our responses more focussed?

What Operating System (OS) is your Mac running? Need to know because getting updates changed with macOS Mojave, for example. No offence intended, but how did you try to download & install? Might seem a silly question, but we can't see your setup nor what you are doing.

Ian
    Ian

I am runing MacOS Mojave and I am installing it from the software update tool in system preferences

Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

We shall certainly do our best to help.

May I ask a few questions first, to make our responses more focussed?

What Operating System (OS) is your Mac running? Need to know because getting updates changed with macOS Mojave, for example. No offence intended, but how did you try to download & install? Might seem a silly question, but we can't see your setup nor what you are doing.

Ian

How do you know it failed? Did you get an error message? Is the update still available in Software Update? Are you running v13.0 Safari?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

See attached picturefailed.jpg
    Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 09-27-2019 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Once is enough

Thank you for the image. I did the update recently without any issues, but a couple of posts out there do indicate some are having issues. Since you've tried rebooting to no avail, let's try booting into Safe Mode and then see if the update will happen.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Sure, I'm still a bit of a noob with MacO so I can run the update in safe mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    Thank you for the image. I did the update recently without any issues, but a couple of posts out there do indicate some are having issues. Since you've tried rebooting to no avail, let's try booting into Safe Mode and then see if the update will happen.

HELP!!! How do I get it to update?
    You might want to reconsider even updating your Safari just in case you may be using some software or extensions with a may not work after the install.

Read some of the comments here:
    Apple Safari 13.0.1 25 September 2019
    Apple Safari 13.0.1 Free Download for Mac | MacUpdate

Just a thought, there may be some disadvantages that you may not aware of, and as a new user, you may not be aware that Apple will sometimes cripple some third-party extensions with an update, and may even disable some of their own features that you used to use. Both can be quite annoying unless there was some special reason for doing so IMHO.

Just saying...

- Patrick
    ======

Quote Originally Posted by Trilback View Post
    Sure, I'm still a bit of a noob with MacO so I can run the update in safe mode?
    Yes, Safe mode tries to load the absolute minimum stuff you need to run macOS and isolate any issues related to third party stuff. So core macOS stuff will work, as will the update. So let us know how that goes.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    You might want to reconsider even updating your Safari just in case you may be using some software or extensions with a may not work after the install.

Read some of the comments here:
    Apple Safari 13.0.1 25 September 2019
    Apple Safari 13.0.1 Free Download for Mac | MacUpdate

Just a thought, there may be some disadvantages that you may not aware of, and as a new user, you may not be aware that Apple will sometimes cripple some third-party extensions with an update, and may even disable some of their own features that you used to use. Both can be quite annoying unless there was some special reason for doing so IMHO.

Just saying...

- Patrick
    ======
    Just so you know, those complaints about the extensions aren't for 13.0.1, they are for Safari 13 itself.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

I got it to work in safemode. I will always be a tech just got to get used to MacOS and how it different from Windows. I have been a Windows tech for about 12 years now.

I do not use safari. I am a google chrome person. I just think that updates are important to a system

Just so you know, those complaints about the extensions aren't for 13.0.1, they are for Safari 13 itself.

Excellent, if it updated in Safe Mode, you should be able to restart the machine and have it go back into normal mode and confirm that you are now running Safari 13.0.1.

Welcome to the world of Macs and your attitude to learn how Macs behave/work is welcoming as opposed to trying to make it work like Windows, which it will not.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Already did and thanks. Sadly I am a Windows tech at my day job but always wanted to be more than a user with MacOS. I am slowly learning on my Macbook Pro

Excellent, if it updated in Safe Mode, you should be able to restart the machine and have it go back into normal mode and confirm that you are now running Safari 13.0.1.

Welcome to the world of Macs and your attitude to learn how Macs behave/work is welcoming as opposed to trying to make it work like Windows, which it will not.

Thread Information