Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

What does EEventManager do?
    Recently, when I login, I’ve started getting a popup window saying “Do you want the application “EEventManager.app” to accept incoming network connections?” The window has Deny and Allow buttons. From what I gather, EEventManager is somehow related to scanning on Epson printers. I have, an Epson printer with scanner functionality, but not knowing what EEventManager is, I click Deny. This does does not seem to have any adverse effect on my printing or scanning. So, my first question is, what does EEventManager actually do?

My second question is, how can I prevent the popup window from appearing at login? The only reference that I can find to it is in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall > Firewall Options, where its “Block incoming connections” is set. Even when I delete EEventManager from that list, it reappears when I next login. It does not exist in the Applications folder.

I have an MBA, and it’s running 10.13.6.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    I found this by googling the app.

EEventManager.app - Apple Community

It seems to be a printer app from Epson. By chance do you have an Epson printer.

Denying it access won't hurt. Also check in System Preferences -> Users & Groups -> select your user account then the Login Items and see if, by chance, it is listed there. If it really annoys you you can delete it.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    It is the Eason Event Manager, probably checks for updated software?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    You can delete that app as your Epson no longer needs it. Epson driver updates are handled by macOS. I just several days ago received another Epson driver update from Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    You can delete that app as your Epson no longer needs it. Epson driver updates are handled by macOS. I just several days ago received another Epson driver update from Apple.
    How can I delete it, chscag? I can't find it.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    I have it in, Applications > Epson Software. In the Epson Software folder, you will see Event Manager.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Excellent! That worked. I just deleted Event Manager from the Epson Software folder, and the pop-up window doesn't appear al login.

Thanks to all!

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Epson driver updates are handled by macOS.
    Epson's updater tells me that frequently. But, when I go to Software Update, nothing is there for Epson.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Quote Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
    Epson's updater tells me that frequently. But, when I go to Software Update, nothing is there for Epson.
    Simple solution: Don't use the Epson updater. As already indicated above, Epson updates for drivers are handled by macOS. The same goes for HP, Canon, Brother, and other printers that macOS supports.

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    So the Epson updater is confused, or what? It tells me there is an updated driver, but that I have to get it through Software Update. There hasn't been one for at least a couple of years.

Your Mac's Specs
    People can always check the website (in this case Epson), if they think there is an update for their model printer/scanner/all-in-one, Epson(R) Official Support | Epson US
    -- Bob --

Thread Information