Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

gmail issues on iMac
    I have a iMac OS Mojave version 10.14.6

In the last couple of weeks sending emails to my computer defaults to an old email address which is obselete

How can I rid my computer of the email address sue.blolck195 ?

Need to add The issue only arises sending emails to myself via my computer.

There is no issue when it is sent or received on my iPad and iPhone. The problem is only on my computer to my computer - the messages are being received on iPad and iPhone.

This happens automatically even though I have made sure that the correct address is typed in - the Obselete email is just under the options to choose the my email. It just defaults to the address that is not available to be received - thus cannot be delivered. an error message comes up.

The following message to <redacted@gmail.com> was undeliverable.
    The reason for the problem:
    5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try\n5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or\n5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\n5.1.1 Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help r19si8469982pgj.290 - gsmtp"
    Reporting-MTA: dns; icp-osb-irony-out6.external.iinet.net.au

Final-Recipient: rfc822;redacted@gmail.com
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: dns; [74.125.68.27]
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-"5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try\n5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or\n5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\n5.1.1 Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help r19si8469982pgj.290 - gsmtp" (delivery attempts: 0)

Please advise
    Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 09-15-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: removed email address

gmail issues on iMac
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

A couple of suggestions before wiser counsel chimes in:

I'd suggest you go into Mail app >" Window" on top menu bar > Previous Recipients > scroll through the list until you find the obsolete address and "Remove From List".

As a further backup, I'd go into Contacts app and use the search function therein to see if that address is located anywhere in the Contacts app. Siri may have found it, for example. Delete it if found.

Please post back and tell us if this solves the problem.

Ian
    Ian

gmail issues on iMac
    I will admit that I may not be understanding the problem completely but, assuming you are using an email client such as Mail.app, has the old email account been deleted from the Mail > Preferences > Accounts tab?

Also, are you sure that the correct SMTP servername is being used for the emails that will not send?

You may want to check that only correct and active SMTP (Outgoing mail server) are listed and that can be done by using the drop-down servername and using the Edit SMTP Server List option.

Normally the server name is also normally included in the From: line of any outgoing email. Make sure it is the correct one.

By the way: Why are you sending yourself emails or is that just being done to use for testing your email purposes???

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information