Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us: Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Rebuilding iCloud
    I have both an Administrator account and a “regular” account on my MBA. I use the regular account about 95% of the time. When I recently signed on to the Administrator account, I got a popup window saying, that it needed to rebuild iCloud. I said OK, and it switched to a display showing only a window which says, “iCloud [spinning wheel] Setting Up Account” and grayed-out Back and Continue buttons. The spinning wheel never seems to end. I never see the home screen. Eventually, the screen times out, allowing me to sign on to my other account, which shows no problems whatsoever. The widow immediately appears again after I sign on to the Administrator account. iCloud files (Notes, Pages, Numbers) and photos are shared/synced with 2 iPhones and my regular MBA account with no problems. I’m running version 10.13.6 on my MBA and 12.4 on both iPhones. What should I do to get my Administrator account straightened out?

Rebuilding iCloud
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Have you restarted the MBA at all? How long have you left it alone to work through it?

Things to try;

Safe mode, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support.
    See this article, How-To Fix Corrupt User Accounts in macOS - AppleToolBox.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Well, I have some egg on my face. A simple reboot seems to have cleared this up. I can sign on to both accounts on my MBA OK. After a spot-check from both iPhones and my MBA, my files and Notes appear to be OK. I don’t know what was going on, but… Thanks for your help ferrar! Sorry to bother you!

Rebuilding iCloud
    You don't really need to have separate admin and "user" accounts. The first account you create has admin privileges which can use when needed or otherwise behave like a regular user.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Thread Information