Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cannot access one website
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5 w/OS High Sierra, iPad Mini 64Gb, iPhone 6s+, wife has iPad Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 6s+
    I am trying to log in to the Holland America web page.

I have tried on my preferred browser, Chrome, but I cannot get in.

Tried using Safari but still can not get in. The blue line travels across and when it gets to the end it just goes back to the left-hand side.

I think I have enabled cookies just in case that is the problem but will take any advice.

I don't appear to be having problems with any other sites.

Any ideas what is going on?

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    I just logged on to their page with Chrome. It opened immediately, no problems. I'm wondering if it's your carrier that is preventing you from accessing? Also, is the same happening with all your devices (unable to access)?

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Also might be that you are in Australia trying to get to Holland America. Can you VPN to the US to see if you can get in that way?
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    I just had access as well, but there was a Notice at the top of the page about maintenance, "
    Due to maintenance, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5 w/OS High Sierra, iPad Mini 64Gb, iPhone 6s+, wife has iPad Pro, iPad Mini and iPhone 6s+
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Also might be that you are in Australia trying to get to Holland America. Can you VPN to the US to see if you can get in that way?
    I have had no trouble on previous occasions. Have no problems with other US sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    I just had access as well, but there was a Notice at the top of the page about maintenance, "
    Due to maintenance, the website will at times be unavailable, including My Account, Online Check-In and booking cruises, shore excursions, dining and gifts. We apologize for any inconvenience."
    That might have something to do with it. However, I had no trouble looking at the webpage using my iphone.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    I just tried a VPN to Australia, then logged into HA just fine. Is it working for you now?
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I just tried a VPN to Australia, then logged into HA just fine. Is it working for you now?
    I obviously have a setting on my Mac wrong.

I can log in from my phone, my ipad and a windows computer in another location. It just seems to be my Mac.

Can someone point me to any settings which might need to be checked/changed?

Thanks

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    I would take a look in Safari - Preferences - Privacy.

Look at your Cookies and website data and make sure that Allow from websites I visit is checked.

Then underneath the checklist is Manage Website Data. Click on that. Give it time to populate the box which opens. Scroll through the websites and find the one relating to the Holland America site. Click on it, or them as there could be more than one, and then click on Remove. Then Done.

This means that the next time you go to that site, it will see you as a first time logger and may allow you in whilst adding new cookies.

Whilst in Safari Preferences, look at Extensions in case there are blockers there.

Finally, with Safari open, click on Develop in the top menu bar. From the drop down, choose Empty Caches.

If Develop is not shown on the top Menu Bar - go back to Safari Preferences and click on Advanced. t the bottom, check the box - Show Develop menu in menu bar.

See if any of that helps.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    I would take a look in Safari - Preferences - Privacy.

Look at your Cookies and website data and make sure that Allow from websites I visit is checked.

Then underneath the checklist is Manage Website Data. Click on that. Give it time to populate the box which opens. Scroll through the websites and find the one relating to the Holland America site. Click on it, or them as there could be more than one, and then click on Remove. Then Done.

This means that the next time you go to that site, it will see you as a first time logger and may allow you in whilst adding new cookies.

Whilst in Safari Preferences, look at Extensions in case there are blockers there.

Finally, with Safari open, click on Develop in the top menu bar. From the drop-down, choose Empty Caches.

If Develop is not shown on the top Menu Bar - go back to Safari Preferences and click on Advanced. t the bottom, check the box - Show Develop menu in the menu bar.

See if any of that helps.

Ian
    Hi Ian,
    Thanks for your suggestions. Did all you said but still no joy.

I can access the website from just about anywhere else but not my Mac.

My browser of choice is chrome but I don't know how to do similar on that yet.

Thanks again

Dave A

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Sorry Dave. I’ve run out of ideas

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by daitch View Post
    I can log in from my phone, my ipad and a windows computer in another location.
    Can you try visiting the website in question from a 2nd computer at the same location as your Mac? This way we can 100% be sure that it's either your Mac or something outside your Mac (such as the network at this location).

Thanks,

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Another thing to test is to create a new user account on your Mac, this will let us know if there is a software or setting in your user account is affecting this issue, or if it is a hardware issue.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    Sorry Dave. I’ve run out of ideas

Ian
    Ian, I am getting that way too. At least I can still access it through my iPad, not as convenient but doable!

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Another thing to test is to create a new user account on your Mac, this will let us know if there is a software or setting in your user account is affecting this issue, or if it is a hardware issue.
    I like this idea, but can you nudge me in the right direction to create another account.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Give this a try. It's even got a few nice pics in case you are more visually oriented.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Thread Information