Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1




Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Exclamation Inbox unread counter no show. Help!
    Using macOS Mojave 10.14.5. on mackbook pro

    Using the Mail prog to check my emails from Exchange server. It doesnt show the unread email counter next to Inbox folder. It shows for all the other folders and in the dock the unread counter. Only for Inbox, unread message counter is not shown.

    The moment i move that unread email to another folder, that folder will reflect accurately the unread count (next to that folder, badge count).

    Anyone else experiencing this? got a fix?

  2. #2
    Inbox unread counter no show. Help!
    IWT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2009
    Location
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Posts
    5,575
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Rep Power
    18
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

    Try this: Open Mail, then go to Mail Preferences (Two ways of doing this - Click on the Mail icon on the top menu bar and choose Preferences OR use the Keyboard shortcut: Command plus comma)

    When in Mail Preferences, click on General and you will see this:

    S1.jpg

    Look at the red arrows and make sure that the Dock Unread Count is set to "All Mailboxes".

    Please post back.

    Ian
    Ian

  3. #3
    Hi there,

    Yeah, tried this a few times. No luck. did not help.

    The unread count works for all the other folders and mailboxes, just not for inbox.
    the count is correct and appears in the dock too.

    Funny, that only Inbox doesnt get an unread emails counter.

    Sigh.



    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by xerph View Post
    Using macOS Mojave 10.14.5. on mackbook pro

    Using the Mail prog to check my emails from Exchange server. It doesnt show the unread email counter next to Inbox folder. It shows for all the other folders and in the dock the unread counter. Only for Inbox, unread message counter is not shown.

    The moment i move that unread email to another folder, that folder will reflect accurately the unread count (next to that folder, badge count).

    Anyone else experiencing this? got a fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by IWT View Post
    A warm welcome to Mac-Forums. Thank you for your post.

    Try this: Open Mail, then go to Mail Preferences (Two ways of doing this - Click on the Mail icon on the top menu bar and choose Preferences OR use the Keyboard shortcut: Command plus comma)

    When in Mail Preferences, click on General and you will see this:

    S1.jpg

    Look at the red arrows and make sure that the Dock Unread Count is set to "All Mailboxes".

    Please post back.

    Ian

  4. #4
    Inbox unread counter no show. Help!
    ferrarr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 21, 2012
    Location
    Pawtucket, RI, US
    Posts
    6,283
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    Rep Power
    13
    I think you're going to have to go through the settings for each account in Mail > Preferences > Accounts.

    Also, since I'm not familiar with how Exchange servers work, have you checked with the provider to see if they recommend how to set this up?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

  5. #5
    Thanks man.


    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    I think you're going to have to go through the settings for each account in Mail > Preferences > Accounts.

    Also, since I'm not familiar with how Exchange servers work, have you checked with the provider to see if they recommend how to set this up?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bad unread Mail inbox count
    By Rich_H in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2014, 01:12 PM
  2. GMAIL within Mac Inbox and 'On My Mac' Inbox...why both?
    By Dacemac in forum macOS - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 08:58 PM
  3. Threads showing up as unread
    By generic chick in forum Community Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 02:27 PM
  4. Mac Mail-Read vs Unread
    By Larry42 in forum macOS - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
  5. Read/Unread
    By baggss in forum Community Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •