Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Cannot get anything from iTunes Store
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    My iMac specs are shown under my avatar.

iTunes opens and operates perfectly except that when I click on Store (as opposed to Library) and enter anything in the Search Field, I get no response.

All my previous searches are listed, but, equally clicking on them does not yield any results. This is true for all media types.

In effect the iTunes Store has stopped working. This started 3 days ago. I initially thought this might be a Server issue with Apple. But it persists.

What I have done so far:

1. Reinstalled a fresh version of iTunes.
    2. Signed out of my iTunes account - rebooted the iMac - signed in to my account.
    3. Re-authorised my iMac - this was confirmed.
    4. Run OnyX with reboot.

All other iTunes function normally including iPhone BUs etc

My iMac behaves normally in all respects and DriveDx gives my iMac's Internal SSD an Overall Health Rating of 100% and an SSD Lifetime Left Indicator of 92%

Free Space on my SSD is 490GB out of 1TB.

What am I doing wrong? Because I feel that somehow it's something I've neglected, something simple.

Any help welcomed with open arms.

Ian
    Ian

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5" 3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM Mojave. iPad Air. iPhone 6S. iPod nano.
    I can't really help other than to let you know that what you are doing is NOT wrong.

I don't use iTunes very often BUT carrying out the procedure you have described enables me to search and get results from the Store. What I did notice is that when I do a search I get a pop-down window below the search window offering me a further choice allowing me to search EITHER The Library or The Store. Either choice gives me a result.

Do I qualify for the 'Open Arms"?
    Peter - I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    An announcement on MacRumors several days ago stated that the iTunes Store and the Mac App Store were down. No reason was given for the downtime by Apple except to say that now everything is back to normal. This, however, referred to the US versions of the stores. I don't know if that had any effect on the UK versions.

I'm assuming that when you say you signed out of your account, you also signed out of iCloud? I just checked a bit ago and the iTunes store is available.

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Thank you Peter and Charlie for your interest and support. I appreciate that very much.

I'm relieved to hear that maybe it's not my ignorance or fault. That said, I've not read of this being a widespread problem, especially here in the UK.

To answer your specific comment, Charlie, I only signed out of my iTunes account and back in again after a reboot. And, my iMac is most definitely authorised and I can add music to iTunes from a CD. Indeed, iTunes behaves normally in every regard bar the Store.

Because I go back a bit in Apple terms, my email address and PW are different for iTunes than for iCloud. I started with a .mac account, then a .me account, then an .iCloud account.

Sounds complicated, but, in fact it now comes down to: home email address + PW for iTunes and maybe Apple Store (not sure on that point); and example.me.com + PW for all iCloud services.

I shall keep you all posted on this. I do, of course, have AppleCare Plus which is still valid so I can resort to Apple assistance if the problem persists; but for now, I like keeping it "in the family", ie our Forums.

Ian
    Ian

According to this UK System Status, everything is up and working when I just checked:
    Apple - Support - System Status

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information