Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: samsung ssd t5

samsung ssd t5
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    I guess you are correct, Patrick. It's asking a bit much to have anybody actually read how to do things: How to erase a disk for Mac - Apple Support
    Jake

samsung ssd t5
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I guess you are correct, Patrick. It's asking a bit much to have anybody actually read how to do things: How to erase a disk for Mac - Apple Support

I thought you had been a Mac user for years Jake, and I thought you might have recalled the days when reading any associated manual was almost considered taboo.
    Maybe in those days the GUI was soo good, the user didn't really have to read anything, or look at any descriptive illustrations.

But times and things have changed it seems. Maybe a wee bit or so.

- Patrick
    ======

samsung ssd t5
    Your Mac's Specs
    I came to the Mac in 2008, when I first saw Windows running in Parallels on an iMac in a store. Bought one right there and then and took it home. I had replaced an aging PC with a new one and after adding A/V software to it, the new one was no faster than the old one. By using Parallels, I didn't need any A/V as I could just whack any infected image and put back a pre-infection one.

I did try a Mac early, in about 1982 or so, but the total lack of any guidance on what to do with it really left me flat. I remember staring at the grey screen with ONE icon on it, a mouse with ONE button and thinking, "This should be easy." But when I clicked on that one icon, nothing happened. Nada, zilch, zero. And with no help to indicate what I had done incorrectly, I decided I didn't have time to go searching for the secret. Took 26 years to get over that. Sometimes too little is not really a good thing. And that arrogance from Apple really did cost them a LOT of users who might otherwise have moved over.
    Jake

samsung ssd t5
    Took 26 years to get over that. Sometimes too little is not really a good thing. And that arrogance from Apple really did cost them a LOT of users who might otherwise have moved over.

Gee Jake, what a sad story, but I'm glad to say you seem to be happy with your Mac situation these days.

- Patrick
    ======

samsung ssd t5
    Your Mac's Specs
    Not sad, Patrick, but probably a lesson there for Apple somewhere.

Windows really was awful for a long time. I used OS/2 when IBM pushed that out and really liked it. It truly was better at Windows than Windows was at the time. But MS stabbed IBM in the back by not collaborating on OS/2 for newer versions of Windows, so IBM let it die.

The companies I worked for were all Windows users. It all worked pretty much to keep me in the MS world. But that experience with a brand new PC was disheartening so when I saw that an iMac could run Windows and was actually faster than my brand new PC, I moved on it. Eventually migrated away from MS to what is now macOS and eventually have given up on Windows altogether. I still have a Windows 7 image that I need to keep because I used TaxAct software for taxes on that virtual machine a couple of years ago and as it only ran on Windows I need to keep it around until the audit vulnerability period expires. It has been moved off the internal drive, however, and now resides in an external drive.

I still have that iMac. It is from 2008, going strong running my home automation system. I did put in an SSD when the boot drive began to show issues and to speed up the boot process, but the machine just keeps running and running.
    Jake

Thread Information