Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Upgrade macOS on 2010 MBP

Hello. So yesterday tried to be smart and update my wife's operating system in an Mac book pro 2010. It looks like I mess it up. Now it does not finish the installation and when trying to reboot gives an 3403D error.. Please help me since I do no fear no one but my wife..
    Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 05-20-2019 at 08:46 AM.

I've created a new thread with you post which was on a thread that was 3 years old and totally unrelated.

What version of macOS was on the MBP before you did the upgrade? What version did you try to upgrade to?
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    I've created a new thread with you post which was on a thread that was 3 years old and totally unrelated.

What version of macOS was on the MBP before you did the upgrade? What version did you try to upgrade to?
    Good afternoon Sir. Thanks for your help. I have no idea what the previous operating system was . I think it was el capitan but I was trying to install Sierra on it.. It started installing and after 12 minutes says that it cannot install and then redirects to restart pressing the D key.
    Did that and then got the 3403D error code. I was trying to be smart and now my wife's Mac is crashed. I fear no one but her.. Please help me out or tell me how to solve this. Thanks in advance...

You will need to probably run the Apple Hardware Test to check that the Mac is in full working order. You have have picked up an issue that has been manifested itself. You need a Mac OS disk or download from GitHub to check the mac is ok or not. It should run Sierra fine.

See GitHub - upekkha/AppleHardwareTest: Apple Hardware Test Download Links and Apple HW Test error code -3403d | MacRumors Forums

Ok. Someone advise me to restart by pressing the command option r keys at the same time . Got to use the safari and have the four options but it does not go back to the original Mac OS system and it just tries to reinstall the one that crashed it. Think I need a start up disc or to access the hard drive in order to erase some files since it seems that I don't have enough disc space to install the newer version.Please help me and indicate How do I restart from an external unit? how do I get to the hard drive to back up and erase some files ?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjhutch View Post
    You will need to probably run the Apple Hardware Test to check that the Mac is in full working order. You have have picked up an issue that has been manifested itself. You need a Mac OS disk or download from GitHub to check the mac is ok or not. It should run Sierra fine.

See GitHub - upekkha/AppleHardwareTest: Apple Hardware Test Download Links and Apple HW Test error code -3403d | MacRumors Forums

I fear no one but her.. Please help me out or tell me how to solve this. Thanks in advance...

Maybe you could post the details of all your Macs, models etc. so that we could suggest some solutions.

Do you have any good Mac support tech/dealers fairly close by that you could get to help and assist you???

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by Raz0rEdge; 05-23-2019 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Selective filtering

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    You can get Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple, from Apple.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    I'm sorry, but I have to ask, because it simplifies any restoration process we might suggest. Do you have a backup of your wife's computer?
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Think I need a start up disc or to access the hard drive in order to erase some files since it seems that I don't have enough disc space to install the newer version.Please help me and indicate How do I restart from an external unit? how do I get to the hard drive to back up and erase some files ?

Have a read through here, it should work even with a time machine backup:
    Restore your Mac from a backup
    Restore your Mac from a backup - Apple Support

Other backup methods using Carbon Copy Cloner or or SuperDuper use a different method.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information