All info in "Contacts" has disappeared
    Just opened Contacts on my desktop to find that there is nothing there. I seldom use Contacts on the imac, normally looking up address info from my iPhone. Thank goodness all of my contact info is still on the phone. Went back three months on Time Machine and there is nothing there either and I am reasonably sure that it was intact a month ago. I find it exceptionally strange that the phone and computer aren't syncing the address info, they always did; it was the ultimate convenience only having to enter the info once. WTH?

iPhone is a 7, computer is a mid 2010 running High Sierra, any ideas?

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    If you look in Contacts > Preferences, on the General tab, what is selected for Default account? I use iCloud, but if yours shows On My Mac, that is where the issue is?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Also just in case for users helping, what version of Mac OS do you installed on that mid 2010 iMac?

I think Bob may be right on what is going on. I just checked mine and its' set to iCloud and my iPhone 7s contacts are synced to all my Macs and iPads.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    @dtravis7, In OP, they said "iPhone is a 7, computer is a mid 2010 running High Sierra, any ideas?".
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Went back three months on Time Machine and there is nothing there either and I am reasonably sure that it was intact a month ago. I find it exceptionally strange that the phone and computer aren't syncing the address info, they always did; it was the ultimate convenience only having to enter the info once.
    If you had iCloud syncing turned on in System Preferences, iCloud, Contacts, then whatever contacts are on your iPhone should likewise reflect on your iMac. It's possible that if at some time you had to reset your phone and had to redo your contacts, that action would sync to your iMac.

From now on, make a backup of your iMac contacts. It's easy enough... you can export the contacts as PDF or Vcard format.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    Yes, +1 for that. Nothing like a backup for your backup, I prefer the Vcard format but no reason not to have PDF as well. The files are tiny.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information