Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Get Kernel Panic from Clean Install of High Sierra
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeyJones View Post
    I am back to 10.7.5, all updates are done and it works perfectly. I did mention i am stuck with Apple ID Loop and can't upgrade it still.

Give Apple Customer Support a call about your Apple ID problem and I'm sure they will help you get it all sorted out.

Also, just in case you weren't aware, that mid-20011 iMac of yours is capable of running various later OS X versions right up to High Sierra if you wanted, for full specs you can check out your iMac model here:
    Apple iMac Specs (All iMac Tech Specs): EveryMac.com

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    Give Apple Customer Support a call about your Apple ID problem and I'm sure they will help you get it all sorted out.

Also, just in case you weren't aware, that mid-20011 iMac of yours is capable of running various later OS X versions right up to High Sierra if you wanted, for full specs you can check out your iMac model here:
    Apple iMac Specs (All iMac Tech Specs): EveryMac.com

- Patrick
    ======
    Yes sometimes it works better if you goto El Capitan first then High Sierra. I can't do any upgrade due to Apple ID loop problem. My Apple ID is fine and i can log into it and all info is there, very strange

I can't do any upgrade due to Apple ID loop problem. My Apple ID is fine and i can log into it and all info is there, very strange

I don't really understand why you cannot do any OS upgrade, nor do I completely understand your "Apple ID Loop problem"

And I don't know if it will help, but maybe have a look and read at this article and their fix to a similar situation is rather interesting:
    After upgrade to MacOS Mojave, I cannot login or connect to App Store.
    After upgrade to MacOS Mojave, I cannot l… - Apple Community

It would be nice if that would fix your problem, but I still think you are going to have to call Apple customer support to get it fixed properly.

EDIT:
    Yes sometimes it works better if you goto El Capitan first then High Sierra.
    And before you do that, you may want to check that your printer, all peripherals and software, all work with any later Mac OS X updates.
    One place you can check for your software compatibility is Application Compatibility Table — RoaringApps

Or with the developers of any software you might be concerned about.

- Patrick
    ======
    Last edited by pm-r; 05-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    I don't really understand why you cannot do any OS upgrade, nor do I completely understand your "Apple ID Loop problem"

And I don't know if it will help, but maybe have a look and read at this article and their fix to a similar situation is rather interesting:
    After upgrade to MacOS Mojave, I cannot login or connect to App Store.
    After upgrade to MacOS Mojave, I cannot lÖ - Apple Community

It would be nice if that would fix your problem, but I still think you are going to have to call Apple customer support to get it fixed properly.

EDIT:

And before you do that, you may want to check that your printer, all peripherals and software, all work with any later Mac OS X updates.
    One place you can check for your software compatibility is Application Compatibility Table ó RoaringApps

Or with the developers of any software you might be concerned about.

- Patrick
    ======
    It's a fresh clean install of 10.7, nothing is plugged in except power, Ethernet, and USB mouse. Keyboard is the original blue tooth one.
    I guess i have to call Apple

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    If as you say you can log into your Apple ID and I'm not really sure what you mean by that then I suggest you login to the Apple ID - Official Apple Support site and change your Apple ID password. If you are able to login turn 2FA off if not (which Im guessing might be the case) you will need to use the "I forgot my password" option. This is just a process of elimination so bear with me and let us know the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

I got it going by talking with Apple.
    They had to do some sort of unlock on the apple id. Then i had to use another updated Mac to sign into itunes with the apple id and download an app. Basically had to agree to the terms of service which the old OS X wouldn't pop up.
    Once done i signed back into my iMac and i started doing El Capitan, then will move into High Sierra.
    Thanks for all your help everyone

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.13.3 beta
    I did think it might be something like that. It seemed to me it was something to do with activating or re activating your Apple ID. Did Apple explain what the problem was?
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information