Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    macOS Mojave 10.14.4 now available for download
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    As the title states. Update #4 for Mojave can be downloaded now. System Preferences -> Update.

Download is approximately 2.5 GB

Be sure to backup first!

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Hi All - just updated my iPad Pro & both laptops w/o a problem (still have wife's 3 devices) - question concerning changing the top menu bar & dock colors (see first pic below) - previously I was able to change the Dock to a darker gray (probably a terminal command?), however, as before, Apple has not provided any easy menu-based way to change these colors, e.g. in System Preferences?

Now, I do not like the 'Dark Mode' and I prefer 'Transparency' to be off - again I found a number of hits using the terminal - the easiest seems to be this Oct 2018 article from OSXDaily (second pic below) - any other thoughts and ideas? Just prefer a much darker menu bar & dock color that does not change between using open apps - thanks. Dave
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 1.15.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 1.16.20 PM.png
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 13" MBPro, 2010 MacPro, iPhone Xs Max
    I am still wondering why I don't have 10.14.4 offered as an update on my Mac Pro. MacOS server shows an update but says it won't run until I update my OS to 10.14.4. Weird - and given my past fun with how Apple treats my video card drivers - I may wait. I am currently using a Nvidia GTX 780 card that has been flashed to give it a boot screen.

Lisa
    Recommend using Onyx to clean your Mac.
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    For those interested regarding my previous post - I went ahead and entered the Terminal command from OSXDaily - the results shown below, i.e. both the top Menu Bar and the Dock are now on a dark background - will likely use on my other Macs - Dave

Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 8.30.50 PM.png
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Thought I should mention this. I have been Beta Testing Mac OS Mojave since the first betas. One issue that really hurt me was with an External DVD drive plugged in the DVD would no longer mount on the desktop and you had to make a Burn Folder to burn from Finder. When the Release came out issue was still there and was reported. when .1 then .2 then .3 came out issue was still there. Well happy to announce that it's FIXED with the 10.14.4 update!

The one thing is no Mac that has a built in DVD drive would even run mojave so I could test out if it just was with an external! Anyway glad Apple finally found the issue and fixed it.

Your Mac's Specs
    Well I just now clicked on updates, which at first said I was up to date, but a few seconds later said I have an update. So this one is stable? I worry more about my Mac Pro. My Macbook Pro is 2017 so new enough that it should not be an issue.

Wow Dennis - I am glad I never had any issues burning DVDs on my Mac Pro. I am constantly burning video dvds and music cds on it. Now I am hoping if I update to 10.14.4 on it all will be good.

Lisa
    If you have been helped, please add to their reputation by clicking on the icon in the lower left hand corner of the post.

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Don’t forget the Apple Combo Updates that are available, if there is an issue.

Download macOS Mojave 10.14.4 Update
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    So all the updates seemed to have gone well - both macs, iPhone, and apple watch.

I was sharing my info with a friend of mine who works remotely for a TV station creating graphics. She uses a company provided iMac. She found it amusing that I backed up my macs to CC first and made sure time machine had backed up too. She has never backed up her iMac and here I was making sure I had two backups. The TV station gave her drives to back up to she has never used them ..... not my problem!

Lisa

Your Mac's Specs
    She has never backed up her iMac and here I was making sure I had two backups. The TV station gave her drives to back up to she has never used them ..... not my problem!
    She'll learn real fast when she loses all her data and graphics that she worked on. And maybe even lose that job because of her carelessness.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Truth be told all I do is keep a Time Machine backup. I have never had an issue getting back to where I was with TM. I have USB bootable flash drives so if something did happen I just boot the installer then point at Time Machine and let it do its stuff.

Lisa, on the Mojave DVD issue with external USB DVD burners, they worked fine with burning apps like Burn or Toast. Just not drop from the finder and burn but like I said that works great now.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    She'll learn real fast when she loses all her data and graphics that she worked on. And maybe even lose that job because of her carelessness.
    I agree. I do believe all her work is on servers at the station as she has a VPN and is connected to several of their storage servers. I hope that is enough.

Lisa

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    So are there no notifications for OS updates in the App Store any more?
    I didn't see the red dot on System Preferences either until I followed up on this thread just now and went to it myself.
    At first, the message came back "You're up to date" but I knew I only had 10.14.3 running. Then right away, the window changed to show 10.14.4 is available.
    Is all that the new normal?

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by toMACsh View Post
    So are there no notifications for OS updates in the App Store any more?
    I didn't see the red dot on System Preferences either until I followed up on this thread just now and went to it myself.
    At first, the message came back "You're up to date" but I knew I only had 10.14.3 running. Then right away, the window changed to show 10.14.4 is available.
    Yes, with macOS 14.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    Apparently it is. I don't like it either and others have remarked that it's confusing. But ever since Apple revamped the Mac App Store, that's the way it works. Which is why the staff tries make announcements to the forums whenever an important update is available.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Itís the same for me. No number 1 appears on System Updates till I initiate a search.
    As usual there is an iOS update and a Watch OS following lose behind.

Sent from my iPhone
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Thread Information