Thread: Driver Problem

Driver Problem

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac 21.5 Late 2013
    Driver Problem

I have a MacBook Pro that I run a logging program for ham radio. With this program I can track my radio contacts and have control over the radio. I upgraded to Mojave and since then the logging software still works but the CAT control does not.

At the advice of others I have dowloaded, removed, downloaded restarted more time that I can count, but it won't work.

About this Mac, then a System report shows the FTDI hooked up when I check the USB. When I show the extensions one does show that it is downloaded and loaded. There are two drivers available and the other one I can't get it to load.

So basically one driver will not load no matter what the other driver will load but the program will not work.

I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks

David
    KEŘIOU

Driver Problem
    I really hope someone can help me.

This sounds like a question for some ham radio forums, at least you might get some more involved hams there.

Just a thought...

- Patrick
    ======

Driver Problem
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Your Mac specs that you show must be wrong then if you were able to upgrade to Mojave. A 20" iMac is vintage and no longer supported by Apple, let alone able to run Mojave. So what Mac are you talking about and where did you download the drivers from?

Driver Problem
    A 20" iMac is vintage and no longer supported by Apple, let alone able to run Mojave.

Good catch Charlie, and I sure missed that. Those specs would make it a 2008 or 2009 vintage iMac.

PS: A retired Canadian Army major friend of mine is a bit of a ham operator and I know that for his ham stuff he also does some with his MBPro. He could not update to High Sierra as the software he needed would not work with it. And for some software it seems that Mojave is even worse and fussier about it working properly.

Maybe the OP may want to consider going back to the Mac OS that was working, I sure know I would.

PPS: My 2011 27" iMac can't even run Mojave officially, and I don't need or really want it anyway.

- Patrick
    ======

Driver Problem
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    The only possibility is that maybe he has a newer Mac and the one in his specs here on the forums is his older machine. Often many forget to update their specs here on the forums.

Driver Problem
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    They also said they were working on a MBP.
    I have a MacBook Pro that I run a logging program for ham radio.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Driver Problem
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone XS, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    The challenge is going to be that the developers of the CAT software and hardware design for Windows and for how Windows interacts with the USB ports. So when you try to use that same rig/interface on Mac, the drivers must be updated to the Mac way of doing things. Unfortunately, a lot of them don't do that right away, if at all. Can you expound a bit on this:
    There are two drivers available and the other one I can't get it to load.
    What happens when you try to use the driver? Any messages, errors, etc? Maybe we can figure out how to get that driver to load to at least check it out.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that you go back to what used to work. If you tell us what Mac we can help you with that, as going away from Mojave backwards can be a bit of an adventure.

73's
    W1HRE
    Jake

Driver Problem

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac 21.5 Late 2013
    I did not update my profile. This iMac is a late 2013, the MBPro I am using is a mid 2012. I am going to try and go back to High Sierra and see if that helps. I am usually a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of person, I should listen to myself.

Thread Information