Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

I got in a little over my head, created two partitions, and now need to delete them
    So, I wanted to make my Macbook Pro 14.1 (Model A1708) into a dual-boot Linux Mint/Mac machine. After trying a few things, I decided to wait until LM19 comes out in a few months. The problem is that I started the process as per the instructions on this website and now I have two partitions that I want to get rid of (LINUXBOOT and LINUXROOT).

I've found several guides online that describe the steps to take to erase partitions but none of them have worked. Here are some screencaps of my partitions. I'm not sure if it will help you troubleshoot or not.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

P.S. I don't know much about Macs. Prior to last week, the last time I worked on an Apple computer was in the 1980s. I have, however, done a lot of terminal/command line stuff on Linux.

I got in a little over my head, created two partitions, and now need to delete them
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    First things first....

Do you have a backup of your macOS data? If not, make one.

Assuming you have a backup, do you have access to another Mac or a macOS bootable external hard drive?

Several ways you can remove those Linux partitions.... Access to another Mac may allow you to use Target Disk Mode and from the second Mac wipe the hard drive.

Another way is if you have a macOS bootable external hard drive that you can boot the Mac from. You can use Disk Utility from the external hard drive to wipe the other hard drive and get rid of the Linux partitions. Linux partitions are a real pain to get rid of. The best way is to wipe the drive clean. If you have any questions, post back and we will try to assist.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    First things first....

Do you have a backup of your macOS data?
    Yes.
    do you have access to another Mac or a macOS bootable external hard drive?
    I made a bootable USB stick using some instructions I found... somewhere.

Several ways you can remove those Linux partitions.... Access to another Mac may allow you to use Target Disk Mode and from the second Mac wipe the hard drive.

Another way is if you have a macOS bootable external hard drive that you can boot the Mac from. You can use Disk Utility from the external hard drive to wipe the other hard drive and get rid of the Linux partitions. Linux partitions are a real pain to get rid of. The best way is to wipe the drive clean. If you have any questions, post back and we will try to assist.
    Thanks a bunch. Iím having surgery in a couple of hours so Iíll have to try this later.

Thread Information