Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Help Turned on Screen Sharing by accident on network Mac G5
    Messed up! I screen share with My Mac G5 running some old accounting applications from an El Capitan iMac.

By accident I turned off on the G5 sharing remote management and now I can not screen share on the network attached G5.

How do I turn on Sharing on the G5 when I do not have a monitor display to do System Preferences on the G5.

I can access the G5 files as a sharepoint but I really need to be able to do the screen sharing.

Help! I feel pretty stupid.

So after spending a lot of time on this myself, and with Apple basically you are "out to sea" without a boat.

There is no fix. If you do not have a monitor/display and a mouse you will not be able to access (Sharing Screen Share or Operate Remotely the Mac).

My fix was to take it to my friendly Local Mac Guy, My Green Mac, and using his monitor and mouse and reset the sharing for Remote Access.

I spent at least 6 hours (2 hours with Apple Senior Support) trying to do this without having a display connected to the Mac G5, but it took only 5 minutes to reset with a connected display.

So users beware. Do not turn off Sharing Remote Access if you have no way to access the Mac. You will not be able to operate the Mac Remotely.

Help Turned on Screen Sharing by accident on network Mac G5
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    So users beware. Do not turn off Sharing Remote Access if you have no way to access the Mac. You will not be able to operate the Mac Remotely.
    Just out of curiosity, why couldn't you hook up a TV to the G5 and do it that way? You would need the proper adapter but it should work.

Did not have the proper adapter from DVI to RGB.

Also it is heavy and difficult to move around, 45 lbs.

I did try to connect a Spectra Display to the G5 but got an "Out of Range" message, internal setting for Display resolution to great for the display.

Back to the same problem, no way to set the G5 without physically accessing the Mac.

Thanks for responding.

Thread Information