Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Operating System
    Last week I started using a Mac with OS X Sierra 10.2 . I had before a printer CANON MX310 , which cannot work with the scanning application MP NAVIGATOR EX. The OS X Sierra does not include this application. However, looking on the printer's software , I realized that said application is available with OS X MAVERICKS. Is it possible to migrate from Sierra to Mavericks ?? Thank you

Operating System
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Unfortunately no. You will need to find current drivers that are compatible with your printer. Printer manufacturers are frequently miles behind the times when it comes to current macOS (Operating Systems).

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Operating System
    Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    Having said all that starting up the printer while plugged into the Mac should initiate a download of the necessary driver and you can access the native Scan feature from System Preferences>Printers and Scanners.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    You should not need that App to access your scanner. Open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, click on "Scan", then "Open Scanner", now you should be able to scan anything you want.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Another consideration is Image Capture which is built into macOS and can be found in the Applications folder of Finder - a nice article HERE - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac: 27”, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone5s
    Rigas - I run MP Navigator EX with El Capitan and ran it under Sierra without problem. Your post is a little confusing as you say that your printer cannot run with MP Navigator EX, but then say you haven't got this software (so how do you know?). Incidentally no version of OSX comes with MP Navigator as this is Canon software that comes with your printer/scanner. You can download the software from the Canon website and if you have a particular error message do come back here as I might be able to help further. It may be a simple case of resetting the Twain driver when you first load MP Navigator, something I now have to do since El Capitan update.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Dear Sawdaż, thank you very much for your assistance. Please let me clarify the situation. I was previously working with a HP computer under windows 7 . I had the printer CANON PIXMA MX31O connected without any problem. I was using extensively the MP NAVIGATOR EX, a quite convenient scanning application.
    Last week my daughter bought a new computer and she gave me her MAC that runs on OS X SIERRA. I connected to the printer and printer seems to work fine. But I could not find MP NAVIGATOR EX for MAC for SIERRA.
    If you visit the Cannon PIXMA MX 310 website, you will notice that the available Software under Sierra OS does not include MP NAVIGATOR. I looked everywhere and could not set up the printer properly. Your further advise most welcome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
    Rigas - I run MP Navigator EX with El Capitan and ran it under Sierra without problem. Your post is a little confusing as you say that your printer cannot run with MP Navigator EX, but then say you haven't got this software (so how do you know?). Incidentally no version of OSX comes with MP Navigator as this is Canon software that comes with your printer/scanner. You can download the software from the Canon website and if you have a particular error message do come back here as I might be able to help further. It may be a simple case of resetting the Twain driver when you first load MP Navigator, something I now have to do since El Capitan update.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Maybe you can find an older version of the software that still works? I found a version of softpedia, http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Graphic...avigator.shtml, which may still work.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    When I upgraded OSX last I had many problems with UK and US Canon support on this issue. Their UK support advised me variously to 'Replace my scanner as it was not supported", "Revert to an older version of OSX as newer versions are not being supported" and "Just use Image Capture". Eventually I found the required software on their Asia support site and didn't need to do any of their suggestions.

It's available here http://support-th.canon-asia.com/con...200327902.html

I 'm currently running v 3.1.4 of MP Navigator and I note that the latest version is actually 5.0.3 so I'll be updating when I get a chance.

Printer canon pixma 3100
    Dear Sawday, many thanks again, I uploaded the version you suggested from the link you sent me, but, when I opened the application , it quoted me that my printer ( PIXMA MX 310) is not listed . This is what I received:

"Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon E500 series
    Canon MG2100 series
    Canon MG3100 series
    Canon MG4100 series
    Canon MG5300 series
    Canon MG6200 series
    Canon MG8200 series[/I][/I][/B]

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
    When I upgraded OSX last I had many problems with UK and US Canon support on this issue. Their UK support advised me variously to 'Replace my scanner as it was not supported", "Revert to an older version of OSX as newer versions are not being supported" and "Just use Image Capture". Eventually I found the required software on their Asia support site and didn't need to do any of their suggestions.

It's available here http://support-th.canon-asia.com/con...200327902.html

I 'm currently running v 3.1.4 of MP Navigator and I note that the latest version is actually 5.0.3 so I'll be updating when I get a chance.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    SO.. have you actually tried running it? If any problem what error do you get?

Hello Sawday, I receive the following notification:

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon E500 series
    Canon MG2100 series
    Canon MG3100 series
    Canon MG4100 series
    Canon MG5300 series
    Canon MG6200 series
    Canon MG8200 series

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigas View Post
    Hello Sawday, I receive the following notification:

Canon E500 series
    Canon MG2100 series
    Canon MG3100 series
    Canon MG4100 series
    Canon MG5300 series
    Canon MG6200 series
    Canon MG8200 series
    This is most odd since I can run MP Navigator EX without my scanner even being connected. Maybe a daft question but how exactly are you running it - just clicking the icon in Applications for example?

Good Morning Sawday, yes indeed it is odd ! ! I run it by clicking the MP Navigator EX from the Applications. HOWEVER , i noticed yesterday that the printer is not printing properly. Most likely the drivers are not correct. There is a recent Update " Canon Inkjet printer software Update Version 3.3" that might create the problem. But I cannot uninstall it, neither can I find the right drivers for Canon PIXMA MX310 for MAC. Any advise ? Many thanks again

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    According to Canon USA the Pixma MX 310 is supported. I found the drivers for it right away on the first hit: LINK

As far as the MP Navigator is concerned, it may be part of the driver package. In the past it was included with the Canon driver packages. I do not know if they still include it or not. However, you should be able to use the Image Capture app mentioned by member RadDave in post # 5.

Thread Information