Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good evening chscag, I visited the link you sent me and I received the following notification:" There is no driver for the OS Version you selected ( Sierra). The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver"
    Thank you

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Try downloading the drivers for El Capitan which are available and see if you can install them. Canon is sort of stating that the drivers for your printer are included with Sierra, but the only way you're going to find that out is to completely remove the printer by (reset the printing system) and reinstall it. Give that a try if the El Capitan drivers do not work.

Last resort... get rid of the Canon printer or use it with a Windows computer. I've had problems with Canon printers in the past and will no longer buy one but that's just me.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.14.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigas View Post
    Good evening chscag, I visited the link you sent me and I received the following notification:" There is no driver for the OS Version you selected ( Sierra). The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver"
    Thank you
    Hi Rigas - just went to the Canon website w/ my MBAir on Sierra and received the same message above - now, your printer was reviewed by PC Mag way back in 2008 - maybe time for a new one? These are $100 purchases these days since you're scalped on the ink (UGHH! don't get me started - ) - I have 2 printers, a Brother laser & a Canon MX922 which seems to work fine although not thrilled w/ the machine.

BUT - I responded to you on the first page - did you ever try Image Capture, a part of macOS Sierra - go back, look at the link, and give it a try if not already done - I've recommended this approach several times in this forum to others w/ the same issue and their use was successful - no promises but nothing loss - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

High Sierra
    This thread may be dead, but just in case. A lot of older Canon gear, like my CanoScan 8800F, which use MP Navigator 1.0.8 will not work with Sierra or High Sierra. You are out of luck and will have to replace it with third-party software.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac: 27”, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone5s
    Canon software support for their products really is the pits. They cannot even tell me whether I have a Mark I or Mark II 9000F even when I give them the serial number. They told me that the Mark I shipped with MP Navigator and the Mark II with Image Garden. Mine came with both. I had ordered an Mk II and my invoice shows a Mk II but I cannot get Image Garden to run but with a lot of work (on my part) I did get MP Navigator to run so from that point of view I'm happy. Even though none of the buttons on the unit work it's still a great scanner, but I dread having to contact Canon on any matter again.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Operating System
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Nowadays it seems printers are throw away items. And Canon leads the pack when it comes to disposable. They do make good cameras though.

Thread Information