Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Cannot delete game.

Your Mac's Specs
    Imac 3.06 GHz intel core i3 4 GB Ram
    Cannot delete game.
    My grandchildren recently visited and downloaded a game called League of Legends. Seems now I cannot delete the game. It keeps popping back in finder. I eject it and try to drag the game icon to the trash but get the following message:

Screenshot 2017-01-19 15.34.40.png

Everytime I open Finder, there it is. God I hate video games. I have only tried the basics, force stopping Finder and restarting the iMac.

iMac Core i3, 3.06 mid 2010. 4 GB of RAM. OS/Sierra 10.12.2

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of what I am rapidly considering to be malware i would very much appreciate.

Thanx in advance.
    Cal30
    ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.america -- reboot constitution? (Y/N)

Cannot delete game.

Your Mac's Specs
    Also, the "game" shows up as ejectable right under the Seagate External Drives, of which I am totally not understanding.

Screenshot 2017-01-19 15.47.44.png

Are you trying to drag the game/icon from the loaded disk image to the trash or the icon/app from the Applications folder? If the former, then the error is correct, you should just need to eject the loaded image and then drag the DMG file to the trash and empty it..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Cannot delete game.

Your Mac's Specs
    That seems to be my issue. When I eject the loaded image, the whole League of Legends dialog box dissapears. Notice, the game icon is not in the application folder itself, but outside of it in the box. Not sure what signifignce that has. LOL, I'm stumped.

MacInWin
    From the screenshot, it appears that the game is NOT installed, but running from the dmg disk image. So, to get rid of it, first just click on the red "X" to close that window, then click on the eject icon next to the dmg name in the list (second window) and then find the .dmg file and drag that to the trash. The reason it keeps reappearing each boot is that the dmg gets remounted. But putting it in the trash will not let that happen.

Cannot delete game.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    From the screenshot, it appears that the game is NOT installed, but running from the dmg disk image. So, to get rid of it, first just click on the red "X" to close that window, then click on the eject icon next to the dmg name in the list (second window) and then find the .dmg file and drag that to the trash. The reason it keeps reappearing each boot is that the dmg gets remounted. But putting it in the trash will not let that happen.
    Thank you so much sir. I followed your instructions and found the dmg file in downloads and dragged it to the trash and that has cured the issue. I'm guessing the game does not work on a Mac only Windows so of course it would not install and that was why it was never installed.

Again, thank you very much.

Cannot delete game.
    Try shutting down and then rebooting, and don't attempt to open or double click anything, but just select and Trash what you don't want.

That should get things ready and cleaned up so that you can then empty the Trash.

- Patrick
    ==========

MacInWin
    Well, if it was distributed on a dmg image file, then it was intended for a Mac. But the grands didn't install it, they just ran it from the mounted dmg. To install it, they would have dragged it from where it was in the window to the folder icon named "Applications" in that same window. In fact, they may have done that, so you should look in Applications yourself to see if it is there. If so, then drag that to the trash to get rid of it altogether.

Cannot delete game.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Well, if it was distributed on a dmg image file, then it was intended for a Mac. But the grands didn't install it, they just ran it from the mounted dmg. To install it, they would have dragged it from where it was in the window to the folder icon named "Applications" in that same window. In fact, they may have done that, so you should look in Applications yourself to see if it is there. If so, then drag that to the trash to get rid of it altogether.
    That's what happened. They could not install it because in my preferences I have it set so only software from Apple store will install. Oddly I found a copy of the dmg file in a desktop folder called media files I created for mp3's & videos. That was the one causing me the issues as it all turns out.

Not sure how it ended up there but discovered it because every time I opened that folder that stupid dialog box would pop up.

Not a gamer and know nothing about internet games but it seems to me they can be real buggers when they want to be. Grandpa's imac is back to running smoothly.

Again, thanx everyone for the help.

30cal

Thread Information