Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Anyone know anything about Team Viewer?
    Hello

Not sure where to post this and it is an odd question for this forum but I thought I would take a shot.

I have been using Team Viewer from time to time to access my PC at the office from here at home but suddenly it no longer works. Here are the specifics

At home iMac 10.6.8 running Team Viewer 9

Office ASUS PC running Windows 8 and Team Viewer 11

When I try to access the PC at work I get the message that the remote PC is running at a higher version than mine and I must update at home. However when I try to download v 11 to the Mac it says v 9 is the highest that will work on my device.

Then tried dumbing down the work PC to v 9 but message says it is not possible. I am certain we did dumb down the work PC once before but am now told that it is not possible.

Tried contacting Team Viewer by phone and by chat but they are unresponsive.

As stated, this is an odd question for the Mac forum but perhaps someone out there has some experience and could offer suggestions.

Thanks for your patience

poppi

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, OSX 14.4 Mojave,
    poppi Team Viewer for Mac is now up to Version 11 so I imagine with Snow Leopard being so old, now about ten years, maybe it is falling behind like the PC version refusing to backtrack.

Maybe it is time to consider upgrading your Mac. Details will help to advise what to upgrade to. With OS X.6.8 upgrades to current version is free of charge. This is what happens when one gets so far behind. See banks etc refusing to allow older operating systems access as Snow Leopard has been abandoned by Apple with no security updates for some years now.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    When I try to access the PC at work I get the message that the remote PC is running at a higher version than mine and I must update at home. However when I try to download v 11 to the Mac it says v 9 is the highest that will work on my device.
    As Harry says... your version of OS X (Snow Leopard) is out of date. You need to upgrade your Mac to a version of OS X that can run Team Viewer 11.

[QUOTE=poppi;1725088]Hello
    At home iMac 10.6.8 running Team Viewer 9
    Office ASUS PC running Windows 8 and Team Viewer 11
    Unquote

Perhaps you find more information here:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/3...indows-NT.aspx

I run TV on XP/SP3 and on OSX11.6: both the same TV v11. But before I also worked with different versions of TV and that worked very well also. For the older versions in (Snow)Leopard you can change some things so that it works, I don't remember the specifics, but perhaps the url I gave above leads to the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    poppi Team Viewer for Mac is now up to Version 11 so I imagine with Snow Leopard being so old, now about ten years, maybe it is falling behind like the PC version refusing to backtrack.

Maybe it is time to consider upgrading your Mac. Details will help to advise what to upgrade to. With OS X.6.8 upgrades to current version is free of charge. This is what happens when one gets so far behind. See banks etc refusing to allow older operating systems access as Snow Leopard has been abandoned by Apple with no security updates for some years now.
    Thank you Harry. I appreciate your suggestion and in my heart I know you are correct but I have had a horrid experience with upgrading my OS. A few years back I saw a "free upgrade" to, I believe, Yosemite? I did so and ran into a disaster. Photoshop elements, a program I frequently use, no longer worked with the newer operating system and, I think, my iPhoto files were no longer accessible. I spent a huge amount of time reverting everything back to 10.6.8 and restoring my iPhoto files. I know that if I continue to procrastinate I will regret it.

Can you be more specific about the suggested upgrade please. Is it really free? What operating system would I then be using? I need to research to see if my other programs would be compatible.

Again thank you for your support

poppi

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    The upgrade to OS X 10.11.6 (a.k.a El Capitan), which is the current operating system, is free. There are a few things you need to think about before you do the upgrade:

1. Does your current Mac support OS X 10.11? System requirements Officially Apple says it requires 2 GB of memory is the minimum and it will run on that but 4 GB or more would be better. This is especially true if you are running memory intensive apps such as Photoshop or routinely have several apps open at the same time.
    2. You can check that by going to Roaringapps and looking up the version numbers of your important software to see what needs to be upgraded.
    3. If you decide to go forward with the upgrade back up your data first. I personally recommend a bootable backup so that you can go back to your current OS if need be.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

I use Logmein from home to access my practice computers. The computer you're accessing will show up, just like you were there, only a bit smaller. It won't matter what software you use in either place. I use Parallels on my Macs to run Windows. I can look at both operating environments with Logmein. Like I said, it is just like being in front of the computer. It is a tiny bit slower. I use Team Viewer when I need tech support for practice management software. So, I am familiar with it.

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    Thread is almost two years old...

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5" 3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM Mojave. iPad Air. iPhone 6S. iPod nano.
    In the UK it's almost three years old
    Peter - I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time.

Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    You must be on the other side of the International Date Line.

You know, there are only three kinds of people...
    Those who can do math, and those who can't

P.S. I'm posting this one day before my anniversary of joining Mac Forums.
    That would be my 10th anniversary; I did the math!

Edit Post produced a new post???

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 14, iPhone 8+ iOS 12, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iOS 12, Pencil 1
    I'm posting this one day before my anniversary of joining Mac Forums.
    I think you mean 1 month?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    I think you mean 1 month?

Not really, but try one day AND one month prior to the anniversary.

- Patrick
    ======

Thread Information