Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Storage on my Mac HD
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 rMBP
    Storage on my Mac HD
    I did a search on Google but didn't really see anything that helped. I've run CleanMyMac and restarted the laptop. I'm trying to clear some of the "other" and not sure where the movies 2GB is coming from. I don't have any movies.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Storage on my Mac HD
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Hello - since you have been on the forum a while, I'm sure that you've seen posts concerning this 'Other' storage category, either in OS X or iOS - there are some different considerations depending on which Apple operating system is under discussion. To better understand what may be in this 'Other' category, please review this OSXDaily Article and a THREAD on the topic in this forum.

Now to better understand what may specifically be using up your HD space and where those 'files' are located, a disk analysis app would be useful - I have three, i.e. WhatSize, DaisyDisk, & Disk Inspector, on my Mac computers - if interested, google each name and determine which one might best serve your needs - I usually start w/ WhatSize.

Finally, be wary of using so-called 'cleaning maintenance software' on OS X - I would suggest getting rid of 'CleanMyMac' - also do not use 'MacKeeper', a notorious app here and subject of numerous posts - check out this forum REVIEW - about the only 'maintenance app' that is recommend here is OnyX - if interested, go only to the link given and make sure that you download the version that applies specifically to your OS X - good luck. Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

MacInWin
    Also, that particular display of what is on the drive is notoriously inaccurate. Right click (CMD-Click) on the drive icon and then Get Info will be a more accurate reading. If you really want to know what's on the drive, there are third party applications that will drill down into the data for you. I can't recommend one because I don't use them, but do a quick search here and you should see some posts that make recommendations.

Storage on my Mac HD
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 rMBP
    Thank you both for your replies. I will definitely try some of the suggestions tonight.

Thread Information