Unauthorized Download

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB,1067, OSX 10.10.2 & iPad Mini 2 - 32 GB WiFi iOS 8.1.4
    Question Unauthorized Download
    I was on my laptop on Safari and looked down at the Launchpad Icon on my Dock. It was showing a download in process. I did not authorize a download. I shutdown and restarted my computer & now there is a progress bar but does not show any progress. How can I find out what it is before it downloads? How do I stop the download? Thanks ahead.

If you've got the 'Automatically check for updates' and 'Download newly available updates in the background' checked in System Prefs>App Store then you won't be notified beforehand. Uncheck the 'Download...' option and see what happens next time.

Unauthorized Download

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB,1067, OSX 10.10.2 & iPad Mini 2 - 32 GB WiFi iOS 8.1.4
    Thanks "pendlewitch" for your quick & "makes sense" answer back. I will do that for next time. Sure makes sense to me. I can now rest easy.

Thank you SweetPea I hope things are ok for you now.

Unauthorized Download
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, macOS X.15.3,.
    In fact do not tick any of the windows in the box pendlewitch directed you to. Do a weekly 'Check fornUpdates' via the App Store logo in the Dock.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

chas_m
    Obviously it's your choice, but these are just updates to either Apple apps or programs you bought, so I'm not quite seeing the problem here. The App Store is -- by far -- the safest source of updates. I don't have mine set to automatic, but I certainly wouldn't have an issue doing so. In this particular case, the three iWork apps -- Pages, Numbers, Keynote -- were just updated, so it is likely that.

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    In fact do not tick any of the windows in the box pendlewitch directed you to. Do a weekly 'Check fornUpdates' via the App Store logo in the Dock.
    ...and your point is what exactly.....there is no evidence here of me directing the OP to "tick any of the windows in the box' ?

Unauthorized Download
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, macOS X.15.3,.
    LOL uncheck the 'Download' is unchecking the box and my advise was to uncheck them all.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information