Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My New Membership
    I just joined this forum to figure out how to fix my MacBook Pro with a Parallel Desktop that I updated to Yosemite. I did this to follow the Apple tech's advice on keeping up with the updates to keep my now 3 year old computer running smoothly. Well, now I cannot use the Parallel Desktop nor can I print or find the printer I uninstalled to reinstall as advised on this forum....So I keep reading and hope to find my fix. =D

My New Membership
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, macOS X.15.3,.
    G'day and welcome to the forums.

Regarding Parallels, try booting up and immediately holding down the Option key. That will advise what is available on your MBP to boot from. Hopefullly your Parallels will appear alongside OS X.10 and Recovery.

For your printer, go into System Preferences > Print & Scan and hit the little (-) button under the printer list in the left hand pane. If the pane is locked click on the padlock and enter your admin password. Then with the printer connected via USB, and powerd up, hit the little (+) button and it should appear in the left hand pane

Keep us posted if further problems Diana?
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

you have to have the latest version of parallels this is why i use virtual box

Parallel
    I do have the most current version of the Parallel Desktop.....

Also what is MBP?

I just connected the Epson Artison printer to my MacBook Pro and it did appear and print while connected with the USB, however it does not connect wirelessly (but it does still appear as not connected).

My New Membership
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP = MacBook Pro! Wireless printers an take a bit of seting up via the router etc.

Red face
    Oh, duh...okay, I will try it with the router and also the steps for the PD...Thanks a million!

My New Membership
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Thread moved to better location. Not a "Schweb's Lounge" topic.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

I tried to start the PD again while holding down the option key and got the same results that essentially freezes up the entire computer and then this message appears after which the Mac side of the computer unfreezes after I click stop.

"An error occurred while accessing the Hard Disk 0 used by "Windows 7".Click Retry to try again or click Stop to forcibly stop the virtual machine. If this error persists, please contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

Note: If you stop the virtual machine "Windows 7" now, you will lose all unsaved data.

Error ID: PRL_ERR_DISK_WRITE_FAILED (80021027), errno=5 (Input/output error)."

My New Membership
    Your Mac's Specs
    Have you tried the suggestion of Parallels Support?

My New Membership
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
    PD = Police Department?

MBP Myelin Basic Protein
    MBP Macbook Pro (Apple notebook computer)
    MBP Mechanical Breakdown Protection
    MBP Maltose Binding Protein
    MBP Major Basic Protein
    MBP Mannose Binding Protein
    MBP Maintenance Bypass (panel; electronics)
    MBP Munchausen By Proxy
    MBP Million Book Project
    MBP Massachusetts Bays Program
    MBP Merchant Banking Partners
    MBP Man Bear Pig (South Park cartoon)
    MBP Metal Binding Protein
    MBP Molluscan Broodstock Program (Newport, OR; est. 1996)
    MBP Molecular Biology of Plants
    MBP Marquette Branch Prison (Michigan Department of Corrections)
    MBP Master Buy Plan
    MBP Mexican Brown Pride
    MBP MiniBusPlus Limited (UK minibus insurance)
    MBP major binding protein
    MBP Microstrip Beam Probe
    MBP Monthly Basic Pay
    MBP Main Booster Pump
    MBP (Network) Management at Boundary Point
    MBP Monthly Bonus Prizes
    MBP Management By Plan
    MBP Movable Boundary Protocol
    MBP Methodologies and Best Practices
    MBP Mark Burnett Productions (Los Angeles, CA)
    MBP Music Business Program
    MBP Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna (Polish: City Public Library)

Yes, Parallels insist that it is a MBP problem....I've been dealing with this for a while. When I learned of the Yosemite issues I thought perhaps that was worth consideration, especially since I have recently lost the ability to print.

MacInWin
    What I think you need to do is to run a Repair Permissions on the drive. Open Disk Utility (in the Utilities folder of Applications) and then select your drive on the left column, then click on the Repair Permissions on the right side. Let it run. The error message says basically that when Parallels tried to write to the virtual drive it encountered a problem. Most likely this is just that the permissions on the file don't let YOU write to it, which should be corrected by a permissions repair.

As for the wireless printing, I don't have any concrete suggestions but I will suggest that you check for the latest drivers for the Epson from Epson. You can also try completely removing the printer from OS X and reinstalling from scratch. That will trigger Yosemite to get the latest driver that Apple knows about. Wireless printing IS a bit tricky, but it does work in Yosemite, I have it working here.

ok, my printing problem has been sorted out. I still have the Parallel Desktop problem....I tried running permissions repair but still get the same message..."An error occurred while accessing the Hard Disk 0 used by "Windows 7".Click Retry to try again or click Stop to forcibly stop the virtual machine. If this error persists, please contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

Note: If you stop the virtual machine "Windows 7" now, you will lose all unsaved data.

Error ID: PRL_ERR_DISK_WRITE_FAILED (80021027), errno=5 (Input/output error)."

The Parallel Desktop people insist it is a Mac problem due to the input/output error.

MacInWin
    Open Disk Utility, select the drive on which the virtual image is stored and run Verify Disk. If you get errors, run Repair Disk. It's beginning to look like a hard drive beginning to fail. Make backup, now, just in case.

Thread Information