Apple ID Hacked?
    I received this email from Apple "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to FaceTime and iMessage on a MacBook Pro 15" named iMac”.

I did not use either one of the services but I did login with my Apple ID that morning to upgrade the OS X to Yosemite. I don't think that should have anything to do with this issue. Any ideas? Do you think my id has been hacked?

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2011 17" MBP 2.2ghz, 16gig ram, OS 10.11.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Meva View Post
    I received this email from Apple "Your Apple ID was used to sign in to FaceTime and iMessage on a MacBook Pro 15" named iMac”.
    Are you 100% sure that this email is from Apple? This is the very first step in determining the legitimacy of the problem. If it's not from Apple…then it's just an email phishing scam.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

This is the email address I received the email from "Apple <noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com" I have no way of knowing. I did call Apple, but I did not get a clear response. Needless to say I did change my Apple ID right away.

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade Drive, macOS X.15.3,.
    Scam ~ ignore it. If you wish change your email password to something strong. Be aware Hotmail and Gmail are pretty easily compromised.
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Meva View Post
    This is the email address I received the email from "Apple <noreply@insideicloud.icloud.com" I have no way of knowing. I did call Apple, but I did not get a clear response. Needless to say I did change my Apple ID right away.
    That is indeed a legitimate email address from Apple - it's the one that sends me messages when I sign in on other devices. Do you have multiple devices (one of which is a 15" MBP?). If not, reset your Apple ID password. Then, go here, login, go to Password and Security and view the list of trusted devices. Remove those that you don't want associated with that account.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thanks every one for the response.

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Mid 2010 27" 2.93GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac 12Gb Ram OS X 10.8.5 / 10.10
    I received the exact same email when i installed Yosemite on a separate partition.
    I just ignored it as i DID sign in to apple with my ID.
    That was about 1.5 months ago too.
    Steve Austin.
    A man barely alive.
    Gentlemen, we can rebuild him.
    We have the technology.

From the responses here, it doesn't seem everybody get this message when they install Yosemite. But it makes me feel better that I am not alone. As I said I went ahead and changed my id any way. Thanks

I installed Yosemite a few days ago and I received the exact same message.

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    It's a standard alert triggered by a substantial OSX or iOS update (10.9.x -> 10.10 or iOS 7.x -> 8.0). The update logs you back in to all your previous settings. Nothing to worry about.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Apple ID Hacked?
    Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Agreed with the others. This absolutely is normal and expected. You installed a new OS and had to re-sign in to authorize iCloud and the related services. There is nothing to worry about.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information