Mouse in SLOOOOW motion
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
    Mouse in SLOOOOW motion
    Updated OS to 10.9.5 the other day. This morning, I my usual programs running (safari, mail photoshop, iTunes, word, excel, calendar, copy paste) with Safari the only one that is actively being used. I then opened iTunes and updated apps and decided to add an app to iPhone after I removed most music and sync. While that was happening, I noticed my mouse began to move in a slow jerky fashion. I began to quit programs but to no avail. If I moved mouse to very top menu bar, it moved side to side normally, but as soon as it dropped down to the screen, it began to jerk around. I went to my activity monitor but nothing was using a big piece of the CPU or memory. Any ideas??

Mouse in SLOOOOW motion
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Updated OS to 10.9.5 the other day. This morning, I my usual programs running (safari, mail photoshop, iTunes, word, excel, calendar, copy paste) with Safari the only one that is actively being used. I then opened iTunes and updated apps and decided to add an app to iPhone after I removed most music and sync. While that was happening, I noticed my mouse began to move in a slow jerky fashion. I began to quit programs but to no avail. If I moved mouse to very top menu bar, it moved side to side normally, but as soon as it dropped down to the screen, it began to jerk around. I went to my activity monitor but nothing was using a big piece of the CPU or memory. Any ideas??
    Please provide some more information regarding your hardware (both computer & mouse brand/model). Also, go to System Preferences -> Mouse and check the settings. I'm assuming your batteries are OK? Turn the mouse 'off & on' and/or remove/replace the batteries. If not an Apple mouse, check the manufacturer's website for issues w/ the OS update.

If the above is of no help, you could try the mouse on another computer w/ 10.9.5 - if it works fine then likely a software issue, or you could try another pointing device (mouse or pad) on your computer, if functional then your mouse might have a hardware/driver issue? Good luck - Dave

Mouse in SLOOOOW motion
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
    RadDave,
    2011 iMac 27" 16 GB Apple Mouse with iMac purchase. In a few minutes, the mouse worked perfectly normal and I have not been able to recreate the situation. If it happens again, I will be sure to jot down all that appears to be going on with my system

Thread Information