Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Google links not working
    When I perform a google search, the results page comes up just fine, but when I click on the links all I get is a completely loaded blank page with a url that starts with "www.google.com/...." and not the address of the desired website. Refreshing the page does nothing. This has been happening in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox, although it is slightly better in Chrome (yahoo and wikipedia and other select websites won't load through google on Chrome, nothing works with Safari or Firefox). When I manually type in the website, it works, with the exception of some websites.

I have checked for viruses and I have none. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all my browsers. I have cleared my history and emptied my caches. I have restarted my computer and installed all updates. This started yesterday, and isn't happening with anyone else in my office, even though we are all using the same wireless internet connection. This also isn't happening on my other MacBook.

I am using a MacBook pro 15 inch purchased in August with OS X 10.8.2. I have no idea what is going on, and I can't find any other forums where this is happening to anyone else. Any help is very much appreciated.

Google links not working
    Welcome to Mac-Forums

Just to isolate this to a Google issue, can you try your queries and clicking on the subsequent search results in either bing.com or yahoo.com to see if they all work? I've come across this white window with the Google URL recently as well, and I just chalk it up to Google having a temporary issue..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Yahoo and bing work in Chrome, but not in Safari or Firefox. Right now I am functioning OK in Chrome, but I would really like to know why Safari is having such issues.

Google links not working
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by jenkkhof View Post
    When I perform a google search, the results page comes up just fine, but when I click on the links all I get is a completely loaded blank page with a url that starts with "www.google.com/...." and not the address of the desired website.
    This is not abnormal - search results appear to go through a redirect of some sort. You can see this quite easily when you copy the link in a Google search results page and paste it elsewhere. I know that doesn't solve the problem but I thought I'd explain that for you.

Although I haven't been having this problem lately, I have experienced it before. When it does occur, it usually goes away after a while.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Well, now it is just links through google to yahoo or wikipedia, which is probably some issue with google. The other links are all working now. After a day and a half of total frustration it just went away on its own...Thank you all for your help!

Google links not working
    That's correct, as Van said, all links are sent through a redirect for Google (and other services) to track click-through and get other metrics on the link that is saved to aide in their algorithm of returning results. So if wherever you are being redirected to ends up having an issue, you never get properly redirected to your intended URL and thus the white screen..
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

The problem returned. I moved to a different building, using the same wifi network (I am on a college campus, so there is campus-wide wifi) and now things are worse. Ask.com is the only search engine that will work. Google, Bing, and Yahoo don't even load now on either Chrome, Safari, or firefox. In Chrome I get the response:

No data received
    Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
    Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

I don't understand how this could be consistent across web browsers, and affect no one else that I have been able to find, which makes me think it is something with my computer.

Google links not working
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    Take a look here and see if any of those fix Chrome for you.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information