Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1




Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Stock software?

  1. #1
    DallasX
    Guest
    Stock software?
    What is the software that comes standard with Tiger? I got my laptop about 4 days ago and curious as to why the Office Test Drive is already expired? I also wonder why I have OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner.

  2. #2
    SPOW05
    Guest
    What's the deal with Southerners and the confederate flag? In most places, it is taken as a symbol of Racists, not Rebels. Since you're a Texan, I would like to ask you which one it means to you, and why?

  3. #3
    Stock software?
    D3v1L80Y's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,455
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasX
    What is the software that comes standard with Tiger? I got my laptop about 4 days ago and curious as to why the Office Test Drive is already expired? I also wonder why I have OmniGraffle and OmniOutliner.
    Tiger (OS X 01.4) is the OS only. There is no extra software that comes included with it.
    You will however, receive different software bundles when you purchase your computer. What is included in those bundles depends on where you buy it and when you bought it. If you are interested in seeng what Apple ships with it, then you can find it on the Apple site. The bundle is updated from time to time, so you would have to check the site for the latest incarnation.
    __________________________________________________
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

    mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.


  4. #4
    DallasX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SPOW05
    What's the deal with Southerners and the confederate flag? In most places, it is taken as a symbol of Racists, not Rebels. Since you're a Texan, I would like to ask you which one it means to you, and why?
    Reply is here.

  5. #5
    DallasX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
    Tiger (OS X 01.4) is the OS only. There is no extra software that comes included with it.
    You will however, receive different software bundles when you purchase your computer. What is included in those bundles depends on where you buy it and when you bought it. If you are interested in seeng what Apple ships with it, then you can find it on the Apple site. The bundle is updated from time to time, so you would have to check the site for the latest incarnation.
    I bought it a week and a half ago through a "3rd party."

    I just looked at the modified date for the Office Test Drive and it reads December 12, 2004. Weird.

  6. #6
    Stock software?

    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Your Mac's Specs
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by SPOW05
    What's the deal with Southerners and the confederate flag? In most places, it is taken as a symbol of Racists, not Rebels. Since you're a Texan, I would like to ask you which one it means to you, and why?
    Thats not a confederate flag, that is the state flag of texas
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  7. #7
    Stock software?
    D3v1L80Y's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2004
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    12,455
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
    Thats not a confederate flag, that is the state flag of texas
    I think he used to have one in his sig, but it looks like it was removed. Either way, I would tend to think that any comments or opinions about it really have no place in the thread. Not only is it completely off topic, its a bit rude and presumptuous to comment in such a fashion in a public thread. Just my two cents...:black:

    Anyway, yeah... if you got the computer from a third party, then there really isn't any telling what software they might have included in their bundle. If the trial for MS Office has expired already, they might have had that system on their shelves for a while. Not really a bad thing, considering that you probably saved a ton of cash. Just might miss out on some of the trials and such.
    __________________________________________________
    Posting and YOU|Forum Community Guidelines|The Apple Product Cycle|Forum Courtesy

    mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stock Market Software
    By grp318 in forum macOS - Apps and Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2010, 06:15 PM
  2. How Often Do They Re-Stock?
    By Tactical Apple in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 12:42 AM
  3. How do I know if they have in-stock
    By Tactical Apple in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 10:30 PM
  4. Stock Software
    By Batera in forum macOS - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 02:18 AM
  5. DO you own apple stock?
    By macEfan in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •