Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    update fix for x lion?
    Anybody know when an fix update for x lion
    will come to fix all these bugs?

I am new to mac are they quick to send updates out?

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jtkeep View Post
    Anybody know when an fix update for x lion
    will come to fix all these bugs?

I am new to mac are they quick to send updates out?
    The 10.7.2 is already with dev beta testers, so I would imagine 10.7.1 would be available in the near future.

Of course no one can tell you when until Apple actually releases it.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Great thanks for your reply.

Will look forward to the updates

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    I'm curious as to what "bugs" you are refering to. Other than the Safari Memory leak issue I don't see a lot that is really an issue here.

Maybe the firefox memory leak mine is showing 350mb and riseing sometimes to 680mb, and the annoying checkbox when shuting down so it dont start every program under the sun when starting up again, it must be able to remember this setting so i dont have to uncheck it everytime i shut down, also its slower to start and shut down than snow leopard.

Maybe the firefox memory leak mine is showing 350mb and riseing sometimes to 680mb, and the annoying checkbox when shuting down so it dont start every program under the sun when starting up again, it must be able to remember this setting so i dont have to uncheck it everytime i shut down, also its slower to start and shut down than snow leopard.
    Isn't that a FF issue/bug?

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    I'm curious as to what "bugs" you are refering to. Other than the Safari Memory leak issue I don't see a lot that is really an issue here.
    And the Safari memory leak issue has been around even before Lion. I likewise do not know of any bugs.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    Quote Originally Posted by dekan View Post
    Isn't that a FF issue/bug?
    It might depend on how deeply FF ties into the core OS but much like the Safari memory leak it is likeley an App issue and not an OS issue.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    And the Safari memory leak issue has been around even before Lion. I likewise do not know of any bugs.
    That being said, I'm still curiouse about "all these bugs" that the OP mentioned.

I do know of some "quirks" that people have found but none of them are "bugs". There are also a number of Apps that still need to be updated for Lion but that is on the App developers (Like Google Chrome and gestures, or the FF memory leak) not Apple.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    I'd say the battery life issue is real. I've fully regression tested it on my machine

There are some others, dropped wifi comes to mind as well. There is no such thing as a bug-free new release.

Oh and since i posted the battery issue in the quirks thread, I'm assuming you just missed it
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
    Bug free
    I haven't found any bugs in my setup either. I've never had any dropped Wi-Fi problems or really anything else that I can think of. If there is a memory leak in Safari I just have not noticed it I suppose. I'm pretty happy with the Lion release it's been very trouble free for me! I'm happy about that.

Regards,

Pat
    15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, macOS Catalina,
    Sure is bug free for me too. Great OS!
    Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
    Safari getting piggy with RAM, reduced speed and accuracy with which my iPhone syncs calendars with my MBA after the MBA awakens from sleep and dropped WiFi are my only annoyances. I'm sure there will be something released soon. There is no such thing as a "perfect release" when it comes to any software - just progressively less imperfect iterations.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

chas_m
    I don't think anyone here is saying that Lion is free of any imperfections or even plain old bugs ... what we're saying (I'm joining in on this) is that we haven't noticed things we would call "bugs" in Lion in normal, daily use.

I have no doubt that when 10.7.1 comes out it will have a list of things it corrects. I/we just haven't happened to run across those situations (...yet?).

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I don't think anyone here is saying that Lion is free of any imperfections or even plain old bugs ... what we're saying (I'm joining in on this) is that we haven't noticed things we would call "bugs" in Lion in normal, daily use.

I have no doubt that when 10.7.1 comes out it will have a list of things it corrects. I/we just haven't happened to run across those situations (...yet?).
    That's exactly what I am saying as well. In normal everyday use, my normal everyday use, I have not found what I would call a bug. There may be some things that I would have done differently from a programming aspect, but I would not classify these as bugs. From my perspective this has been a trouble free upgrade compared to some Windows upgrades I have been through. I'm very pleased and can only hope that the next update will speed things up even more. Not that I am complaining about the speed, I think it's faster than Leopard, but I'm sure it will be tweaked some more which should lead to a more speedy experience. And being a newby to Mac and think that says a lot.

Regards,

Pat
    15 " 2013 MBP OS X Ver. 10.9.1 16 GB Memory, 500 GB SSD, Retina, 2.3 Ghz I7, 30GB IPhone 5, 2012 Mini Cooper JCW Coupe, 2014 Toyota Corolla, 2007 Trailblazer, 2 RC Planes, 1 fantastic wife who puts up with my toys. Still Married After 30 Years.

Well, I found ton's of bugs in my everyday use. Although I've not noticed any of those BIG issues like freezing, black screen etc. I've notice a large number of small bugs that just annoy me. For example open two separate safari windows and set each one of them to full screen mode. Then in one of the windows select Window->Merge all windows, and now when you use a gesture to switch between desktops and start if you keep switching you will finally encounter a white background, that is when one of the safari windows that you merged use to be.

Wan't another one? Add mail to startup apps list, then switch it to full screen mode and select restart, after restart there is about 50% chance that mail app will freeze when you switch to it using app icon on the dock.

Also mission control does not work as expected when you have two windows screeched to maximum size.

There is also an issue of cover art for mp3 files not being displayed in finder even though the cover art is embedded into the file.

Also sometimes when I save a graphic file on the desktop (JPG file) the thumbnail is not generated and I can see only an icon.

And it's not like I was looking for bugs that's just a couple I found during day to day use.

Thread Information