Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    I've noticed more freeze ups than before under Lion. iTunes is suddenly not syncing over all my photos since I upgraded to Lion. My Macbook has a hard time staying asleep the first time I close the lid. There have been too many other weird bugs than I can remember right now. So I hope and pray the first update comes sooner than later.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    I'd say the battery life issue is real. I've fully regression tested it on my machine

There are some others, dropped wifi comes to mind as well. There is no such thing as a bug-free new release.

Oh and since i posted the battery issue in the quirks thread, I'm assuming you just missed it
    Not being a heavy mobile user (I use my MB on the road but it's nearly always plugged it) I don't see this. What method did you to use to "fully regression test it"? I did scan the quirks thread a few days ago but nothing big jumped out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninJack View Post
    For example open two separate safari windows and set each one of them to full screen mode. Then in one of the windows select Window->Merge all windows, and now when you use a gesture to switch between desktops and start if you keep switching you will finally encounter a white background, that is when one of the safari windows that you merged use to be.
    Not being a big use of gestures of full screen I have not encountered this issue. Then again, I'm not sure I would even if I was.

Wan't another one? Add mail to startup apps list, then switch it to full screen mode and select restart, after restart there is about 50% chance that mail app will freeze when you switch to it using app icon on the dock.
    Done this on MB, recently in fact, and never had an issue. Mine simply comes back to a Window ands not full screen. Have you tried this on other machines or just your one?

Also mission control does not work as expected when you have two windows screeched to maximum size.

There is also an issue of cover art for mp3 files not being displayed in finder even though the cover art is embedded into the file.
    I've seen a bit of the cover art issue, although they seem to come through within a few minutes. That probably is a bug though.

Also sometimes when I save a graphic file on the desktop (JPG file) the thumbnail is not generated and I can see only an icon.
    I work with a fair number of graphics files and I've yet to see that one, on either machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
    I've noticed more freeze ups than before under Lion. iTunes is suddenly not syncing over all my photos since I upgraded to Lion. My Macbook has a hard time staying asleep the first time I close the lid. There have been too many other weird bugs than I can remember right now. So I hope and pray the first update comes sooner than later.
    I only sync my iPhone with my iMac and I don't have any issues with how it does it's thing. Neither of my machines has ever froze under Lion, or SL for that matter. As for the MB and sleeping, I turned sleep off on both machines and I just have the display sleep on the iMac and simply close the MB lid when I'm not using it. No issues with either but I do know Apple has had issues with sleep on their machines for a while and this isn't new to Lion. You may need to do some clean installs on your machine.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Not being a heavy mobile user (I use my MB on the road but it's nearly always plugged it) I don't see this. What method did you to use to "fully regression test it"? I did scan the quirks thread a few days ago but nothing big jumped out at me..
    Rolled back to Snow Leopard, problem gone. Move back to Lion, problem returns. Back to Snow Leopard, until they fix it. At least I was kind, and documented all this on whatever it is Apple calls the ADC these days as a bug.

This is umm, kinda what I do for a living
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    Rolled back to Snow Leopard, problem gone. Move back to Lion, problem returns. Back to Snow Leopard, until they fix it. At least I was kind, and documented all this on whatever it is Apple calls the ADC these days as a bug.

This is umm, kinda what I do for a living
    Sounds like you found something. Did you try it on multiple machines or just the one? I assume there were others you found who were experiencing the same issue?

How am I supposed to know what you do for a living? Since you brought it up though, I do a LOT of T&E work in real life and a fair amount of systems regression testing as well. Hence my question.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Oh no, I totally understand. Did I do this on multiple machines? No, it'd be a bit too much like work. Besides, I only have one MBP that had Lion on it (my other one's currently built for work, so not even risking it thanks to iffy 3rd party software support). I did, before rolling back, try resetting SMC, PRAM (yea, I know NVRAM these days.. but old habits die hard) and recalibrating the battery. None of these made any difference. In my case, battery life was reduced by about 60%.

If you take a look a the Apple forums though you'll find a significant number of complaints regarding battery life diminishing on Lion. Seems particularly more common on macbook pro's.
    mike

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    f you take a look a the Apple forums though you'll find a significant number of complaints regarding battery life diminishing on Lion. Seems particularly more common on macbook pro's.
    Hmm, I wonder if this is something similar to the inaccurate signal readings when iPhone 4 came out. Some people reported drop calls even though they were getting 3 or 4 or more bars. Maybe the battery is fine but Lion is causing the Mac to incorrectly read battery life. Just a thought...
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if this is something similar to the inaccurate signal readings when iPhone 4 came out. Some people reported drop calls even though they were getting 3 or 4 or more bars. Maybe the battery is fine but Lion is causing the Mac to incorrectly read battery life. Just a thought...
    If so, it also causes it to power off. To be honest, I don't care if that IS the fault, since it powers the thing off.. it's a battery life issue.

Really fundamentally bad on a portable with a non-replaceable battery, and thus.. a show stopper.
    mike

Something I have on my iMac: It "freezes" sometimes on Flash/Youtube in the browser. Most times it works and plays no problem. Then, once in a while opening a page with a Youtube video on it all windows and the dock freeze. Mouse still moves but I cannot click anywhere. Only hard reset fixes that. Kind of annoying especially since you never know when it will happen...

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    It doesn't sound like Flash is the cause (the worst I've seen is a browser crashing) but you might try switching over to the HTML5 beta here. See if using that instead of Flash in YT helps.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    You could also try the Flash 11 beta to see if that helps.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Last night I went on a You Tube video watching spree! iMac 2007 in my specs, Lion and Safari 5.1. Not one crash and I was using the Beta Flash that Schweb mentioned.

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    Early 2015 13" rMBP
    The Flash 11 beta is a good suggestion as well. I've been running it here for a while and it's rock solid (for a beta). Well worth a look (get it here).
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Interesting. I'll give it a try. Thanks guys!

Did a bit more research and it seems to have something to do with this:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

update fix for x lion?
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    Really fundamentally bad on a portable with a non-replaceable battery, and thus.. a show stopper.
    I agree. I'm going to have to do some battery run testing on my MacBook to see if it too is effected by the Lion upgrade. Will let you know.

chas_m
    Well, I found ton's of bugs in my everyday use.
    Hooray for you. I assume you reported them?

For example open two separate safari windows
    Wait. Why would I ever do this? Are you not aware of tabs?

Wan't another one? Add mail to startup apps list, then switch it to full screen mode and select restart, after restart there is about 50% chance that mail app will freeze when you switch to it using app icon on the dock.
    Also mission control does not work as expected when you have two windows screeched to maximum size.
    I don't know what "screeched" means, but it's my new favourite verb.

There is also an issue of cover art for mp3 files not being displayed in finder even though the cover art is embedded into the file.
    Not seeing that here. Not saying it isn't happening for you, just saying that I can't reproduce it.

Also sometimes when I save a graphic file on the desktop (JPG file) the thumbnail is not generated and I can see only an icon.
    I have seen this happen momentarily -- with movie files freshly imported to the desktop from my camera -- but the thumbnail appears in due course (usually very shortly).

And it's not like I was looking for bugs that's just a couple I found during day to day use.
    Again, nobody said Lion was bug-free. Maybe the rest of us just don't engage in things like opening multiple windows full-screen and then testing gestures to see if there's a problem. Glad you found some. Be sure to tell Apple.

Thread Information