Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Lion '' gestures''..
    Have installed LION osx on my iMac and my macbook pro and playing around with this..but the gestures thing whilst irritating to start with has now become a major annoyance and huge frustration. why do you have to swipe downwards to scroll upwards??? It's completely illogical and makes no sense whatsoever..is there anyway to reverse this ill thought out motion???

many thanks!

Lion '' gestures''..
    Your Mac's Specs
    2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
    You are wrong. It is the same as it is on an iPad or iPod. your fingers push the content upward to reveal more below it. Go to system prefs, trackpad. Or use google, since people have been asking this question since developer preview 1!

Lion '' gestures''..
    Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    You can change it in preferences.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

yeah, uncheck the box that says 'Scroll Direction: natural'
    ...this was the first thing I did.

Im not sure if I've just not discovered everything yet but Im finding the gesture changes massively annoying. I cant understand the reasoning behind changing something that was pretty flawless and fundamentally natural to begin with. Sure, you need to move forward and improve things, but at least give us the option to keep the original or mix and match.

Plus has anyone else found that the two finger swipe to go forward and back pages doesnt work? I can only get it to work when I put it on three finger swipe.

also cant get the double finger tap zoom to work :/

Lion '' gestures''..

Your Mac's Specs
    MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomRider View Post
    yeah, uncheck the box that says 'Scroll
    Plus has anyone else found that the two finger swipe to go forward and back pages doesnt work? I can only get it to work when I put it on three finger swipe.
    Yes, the two finger swipe is pretty much useless because it collides with two finger scrolling so when you have a horizontal bar displayed, you can't swipe as your two fingers scroll the content. Insane!

Quote Originally Posted by chomper View Post
    Yes, the two finger swipe is pretty much useless because it collides with two finger scrolling so when you have a horizontal bar displayed, you can't swipe as your two fingers scroll the content. Insane!
    Oh no, I just flat out cant get either the zoom or two finger side swipe to work at all! the up and down scroll is fine though.

Yay!

I understand it in a way that you put your finger on a piece of paper and push it up - rather than see it as scrolling. Definitely makes sense when using the iPhone, iPod, iPad, ... and probably with the trackpad on your computer. With a mouse I find it a bit counter-intuitive and deactivated the feature.

Lion '' gestures''..
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomRider View Post
    yeah, uncheck the box that says 'Scroll Direction: natural'
    ...this was the first thing I did.

Im not sure if I've just not discovered everything yet but Im finding the gesture changes massively annoying. I cant understand the reasoning behind changing something that was pretty flawless and fundamentally natural to begin with. Sure, you need to move forward and improve things, but at least give us the option to keep the original or mix and match.

I feel most of them are more natural, plus they are very customizable in the preferences (though I will admit my first couple of days it was kind of weird getting used to some things)

Are you performing the two finger double tap correctly? Tap twice, with 2 fingers. Smart zoom. Works on my end!

Lion '' gestures''..
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by dekan View Post
    I understand it in a way that you put your finger on a piece of paper and push it up - rather than see it as scrolling. Definitely makes sense when using the iPhone, iPod, iPad, ... and probably with the trackpad on your computer. With a mouse I find it a bit counter-intuitive and deactivated the feature.
    Hahaha, yes, with a mouse it's a little weird. Though I do find myself scrolling up sometimes on the scroll wheel to try and move the page down!

I think it's more natural that way. The design of the mouse scroll wheel has us used to doing it backwards.

Lion '' gestures''..
    Your Mac's Specs
    21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
    I miss the four finger swipe for the App Switcher. Am I missing something, or is this not possible anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by randalthor View Post
    Are you performing the two finger double tap correctly? Tap twice, with 2 fingers. Smart zoom. Works on my end!
    Give me some credit randalthor, it's not rocket science.
    The only way it works is if I switch it to three fingers or two/three fingers.

I'm not sure i'd say they were very customisable. You can either turn them on or off, or have two choices of how many fingers to use and even then that's not for all of the gestures.
    Just wish they kept the option to still use the previous gestures or mix them up for you own preference.

Thread Information