Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Please Help - Cant get passed Kernel Panic
    I forced a shutdown holding the power button and now every time I turn on the Imac I am instructed to restart it, in several different languages. This screen comes up just after the "ping" when I turn it on and after the apple logo appears.

So far I have restarted it holding the power button down for 5 seconds. Resetting the PRAM with "apple" "option" "p" and "r". Restarting in safe mode holding the "shift" key. Attempting to reboot from the instal CD disk 1 holding either the "option" key, the "x" key or the "c" key - when I do this the spinning gear appears for about 90 seconds and then reverts back to the restart kernel panic screen. I have also tried starting from the power source alone without the battery inseted. No Luck. And I ran a check of the hardware, holdig dowm the "d" key on start up with the disk inserted. No problems found.

At this point, I just want to re-install the OS. I dont care about losing my data.

Please Help - Cant get passed Kernel Panic
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, i7 4GHz, 32GB memory, 1TB Blade, macOS Catalina,
    G'day and welcome to the forums.

You have a bit of hunting to do to resolve this kernel panic. Put any new memory in lately as kp are often associated with faulty/inappropriate memory modules? Any new hardware? Any new software updates such as drivers etc?

Next step is to boot from your system disc which of course you will still have and run Apple Hardware Test from disc one checking out memory, logic board and hard drive all of which can lead to kp's.

Again boot from the install disc and run Disk Repair in Disk Utility. Repair Disk caqn only be used after booting from the install disk. Then have a look at this link:-

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/kernelpanics.html

Thats why I am confused. I can boot into the CD to get to the Diagnostic program, but it wont let me install OSX. BTW... The tests all come back clean. I just cant seem to get past the Kernel errors to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    G'day and welcome to the forums.

You have a bit of hunting to do to resolve this kernel panic. Put any new memory in lately as kp are often associated with faulty/inappropriate memory modules? Any new hardware? Any new software updates such as drivers etc?

Next step is to boot from your system disc which of course you will still have and run Apple Hardware Test from disc one checking out memory, logic board and hard drive all of which can lead to kp's.

Again boot from the install disc and run Disk Repair in Disk Utility. Repair Disk caqn only be used after booting from the install disk. Then have a look at this link:-

Resolving Kernel Panics

After you hear the chime hold down the Shift key to go into safe mode. You have some kind of extensions problem.

Thread Information