luz
    Lightbulb Small World in the Screen!
    Hi.......my thing is that i try to restore all the information from my eMac G3 (blue), so i can update to phanter and now a small world shows in the screen and not return to the disk.

My question is, how can i make my mac starst from the hard disk and not since the network?

please help me... neye: thanks for your help!

llealq@grupo-uno.com

Small World in the Screen!
    Your Mac's Specs
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.7.5 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.11.6 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Your system is trying to boot from the network. This was brought in another thread. It was suggest that if you leave it alone it will finally boot up. You can try to reboot the system again and press and hold the option key. You should see a window with several icons to choose from. From that window select your boot up disk. After your system boot, go to the system preferences window and choose disk start up. In that window make sure your system disk is selected.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

zap2
    Quote Originally Posted by luz
    Hi.......my thing is that i try to restore all the information from my eMac G3 (blue), so i can update to phanter and now a small world shows in the screen and not return to the disk.

llealq@grupo-uno.com

DO you meaan imac g3 cuz there was never a emac g3 that was blue

Your Mac's Specs
    Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
    You have to go into the Apple logo and then I believe the prefrences (Someone please correct me if Im wrong, Im a Mac newbie) and make the change to boot from the Macintosh HD then re-boot. I had the same issue. Except when mine was booting from the netwrok my fans went on full blast and it sounded like a 747 coming into my house. Scared the crap outta me!
    TJ

luz
    Thanks for all your help!!!!!. but i believe my MAC is dead, yesterday I did everything that you told me and nothing happens, now a disk with ? shows in the screen, that signifies that my MAC does not read any SO and now the CD unit does not work. soo I am desperate and very sad.

what can i do?

try to boot from a system disk. If you can do that, your mac is not dead. It may be just a corrupt OS that needs to be reinstalled.

Your Mac's Specs
    Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
    Quote Originally Posted by luz
    Thanks for all your help!!!!!. but i believe my MAC is dead, yesterday I did everything that you told me and nothing happens, now a disk with ? shows in the screen, that signifies that my MAC does not read any SO and now the CD unit does not work. soo I am desperate and very sad.

what can i do?
    I had the same thing as well. I had the "?" and a "folder" that would blink. So you have to start up again. It may take like 15mins to reboot since it may be booting from the network. After it boots you have to make it boot from the System Disk. If you still have a problem call Apple Tech Support. They will tell you what we are telling you. As long as your OS isnt corrupt it'll boot fine from the correct Start Up Disk or System Disk.
    TJ

Thread Information