Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Thread: Sleep Issues

Sleep Issues
    I have set my energy saver preferenes to never go to sleep with battery or power adapter settings, and have unchecked all the boxes that say to put the laptop to sleep, yet no matter what it still goes to sleep.

I keep it plugged in overnight and last night I kept the lid open yet it still popped up a screensaver and closed most of my running applications. As a result I lost some data.

Is there any way I can mess with my settings so I can keep my applications running overnight. Whether or not the lid is open is not an issue.

Thanks!

Sleep Issues
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
    Well if you are loosing everything then your computer isn't going to sleep it is shutting down. You should go in the power preferences then in the bottom right click on schedule. Make sure it isn't set up to shut down every night at so-and-so time.

I have nothing set in the schedule so it seems.

The laptop after a while turns on the screen saver and will lock me out, prompting me for my password next time I log back on. When I log back on, usually Safari is still open, because it says it does not want to close multiple tabs at once. Other applications get terminated.

It says that Logout has failed because Safari has multiple tabs open. I do not know why it is trying to log me out. Please help!

Sleep Issues

Your Mac's Specs
    20" inch iMac.
    spotke3, i think have some suggestions for you:
    1. cleanly re-format your mac. (i mean cleanly. re-format hard disk and everything)
    or
    2. send it in for repair (either through apple or other non-apple service centers)
    or
    3. get technical support from apple through apple care.

cheers mate!

Sleep Issues
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
    It is trying to logout because it is trying to shut down. I don't think I would start out by doing a reformat. Do a search for "mac won't sleep" there are a few different suggestion on how to reset some of the power prefs and other things. I would try that first.

Thread Information