Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Want to use windows with bootcamp and vmware but I already installed windows in vmwar
    Hi guys,
    I recently bought a genuine windows xp pro 64 bit edition. I installed it using vmware on my computer(the reason I choose vmware is beacuse its known compatibility with64 bit OS). However I found my mac became too slow. So I decieded to try using windows with bootcamp. It all worked out fine, I got the necessary drivers and its working smooth. The problem- I activated my windows while using vmware and now it will no more allow me to activate in bootcamp as it says I have reached the maximum number of activations allowed. I have like 30 day period left for activation. Only after all this happened did I realized that it recognizes vmware as a different machine. I am almost certain that I have wasted my windows copy but just wanted to check with you guys if anyone had any ideas workarounds to get me out of this. I really dont want to use vmware because its awfully slow ( my mac is 2.1 gz and 2 GB ram)
    Thanks in advance!

Want to use windows with bootcamp and vmware but I already installed windows in vmwar
    Your Mac's Specs
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Just call the phone # that was provided. Tell them the truth. This is the only machine it is installed on. They'll give you a new activation code.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by phil120 View Post
    ... I really dont want to use vmware because its awfully slow ( my mac is 2.1 gz and 2 GB ram)
    Thanks in advance!
    The bolded part is why it's slow. Add more ram and it should run smoother.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Thread Information