I took the plunge!
    I took the plunge!
    Spent last night installing 10.5. Only played on it a short time but it seems much faster (G4 Quicksilver). Thus far I like it! Also picked up a new keyboard - that is taking a little getting used to.

MacHeadCase
    So I have named you my own beta tester.

Let us know how it goes. I still see too many bugs for me to take the plunge right now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Of course, I have vital software that has to remain compatible, namely the Adobe CS2 suite, QuarkXPress 7,31 and a few others and can't afford to upgrade these to ensure compatibility.

I took the plunge!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    So I have named you my own beta tester.
    Gladly! It has been 24 hours and no problems. Initially after the install and various upgrades it seemed to be running slow but after shutting down and restarting it actually seems to be running faster then Tiger. I did a new install install and archive and was all prepared to redo all my bookmarks, etc but it brought everything in - bookmarks, mail was already set up, etc. Another pleasant surprise - I was sure I was going to have to re-download some of my programs (Reunion 8, Markspace and others but not the ones you mentioned MHC) but that was not necessary. All of them run just fine. In short I have had to do nothing. Also I love this new keyboard although I cheated - I had spent about an hour at the Apple store checking it and other things out first. It does take some getting used to though.

I took the plunge!
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Sniff, MHC does not trust my Beta testin anymore!

SNIFF! I will go load Vista on my Power PC Mac!

Papa, I have 10.5 on my G4 Digital Audio but with a 1.8Ghz G4. Works quite well. Only issue on the DA was the Giga Design's upgrade CPU. I had to boot from the 10.5 DVD, open the Terminal, put in this command line in that took 2-3 lines and hit enter. It loaded the Giga Designs Giga Meter to tell Leopard it was a 1.8Ghz CPU. Then all worked fine. Otherwise it thought it was a 667Ghz G4 that the DA came with.

Quark I have no idea on at this point but CS2 should be fine. I am stuck with CS due to lack of $$$ and it works fine under 10.5.2.

MacHeadCase
    No no no trav, I still do. I have a farm of beta testers.

I took the plunge!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    No no no trav, I still do. I have a farm of beta testers.
    Hey wait a minute...........are you now saying I have been demoted??!! (from THE MHC beta tester to one of many MHC beta testers???)

MacHeadCase
    LOL

Ya got me.

I took the plunge!
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac late 2012 21.5 i5 10:14. iMac 2010 27"QuadI7 OS10.13, MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhone7
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    Hey wait a minute...........are you now saying I have been demoted??!! (from THE MHC beta tester to one of many MHC beta testers???)

No, you and I have been promoted to Farmers on MHC's Beta Tester farm. Todays crop is 10.5.2!

I wonder how that tastes with mustard?

MacHeadCase
    Lots of fibre, I'm sure.

I took the plunge!
    OK - update from one (of many) MHC's Farm Beta testing group:
    Only encountered two problems 1) Had trouble syncing my Centro with Leopard. Had to drag a library over from the old system to Leopard so it now works fine. 2) Had to upgrade my Documents to Go (using in syncing my Centro to the Mac). Otherwise everything seems to run faster, better, looks great, I am glad I made the switch.

Thread Information