Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Question Having iTunes Problems??? HELP
    I'm having problems trying to sync my iTunes and my iPads and iPhone. I keep getting error messages, "There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (9039)". I also get another message telling me that when I try to sync my phone that I don't have enough space when it comes to my music. I have roughly 16 gb of memory but the message tells me I need 26 GB. Even when I remove half of my play lists I still get this message.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem??? thanks

  2. #2
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    RadDave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,648
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
    I'm having problems trying to sync my iTunes and my iPads and iPhone. I keep getting error messages, "There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (9039)". I also get another message telling me that when I try to sync my phone that I don't have enough space when it comes to my music. I have roughly 16 gb of memory but the message tells me I need 26 GB. Even when I remove half of my play lists I still get this message.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem??? thanks
    Hello and welcome to the forum! You'll first need to provide much more information about your hardware/software: 1) What Mac computer are you using (check 'About This Mac' left upper Apple icon) and what macOS is installed; 2) How much storage is left on the HD or SSD of the computer; 3) What iPads & iPhone do you own (again be specific) and what iOS is installed; and 4) When did this problem start, e.g. after a recent macOS update/upgrade? Since you are using iTunes for your iDevice backups, I'm assuming that you're on a pre-Catalina macOS - that upgrade broke iTunes into various apps and the iDevice backup feature was put into Finder. Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

  3. #3
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    Raz0rEdge's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 17, 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    24
    When you get to the Sync option in iTunes, you will get an idea of how much space is available on the device you are syncing to, how much storage (not memory) the music will take and how much will be left over.

    The error message 9039 might be related to the number of songs you have. Check to see how many songs you have in your library, and if it's close to 10000 or so, you might be at limit.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz0rEdge View Post
    When you get to the Sync option in iTunes, you will get an idea of how much space is available on the device you are syncing to, how much storage (not memory) the music will take and how much will be left over.

    The error message 9039 might be related to the number of songs you have. Check to see how many songs you have in your library, and if it's close to 10000 or so, you might be at limit.
    Well, I only have a little over 3,000 songs and near the 10,000 you are talking about. Something is really wrong with the iTunes program. It keeps asking for my ID password and when I put it in I get all these error messages that it can't complete my work. Also it seems like Im not getting all my devices to work through the cloud and pass on my photos and documents. This seems to be happening since Apple messed with iTunes and selling songs and videos! All I want is to be able to sync my phones and iPads to work from one controller (iTunes ).

  5. #5
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    RadDave's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,648
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.15.1
    Rep Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
    Well, I only have a little over 3,000 songs and near the 10,000 you are talking about. Something is really wrong with the iTunes program. It keeps asking for my ID password and when I put it in I get all these error messages that it can't complete my work. Also it seems like Im not getting all my devices to work through the cloud and pass on my photos and documents. This seems to be happening since Apple messed with iTunes and selling songs and videos! All I want is to be able to sync my phones and iPads to work from one controller (iTunes ).
    Hi again redtwo - help is only speculative unless you answer the questions in my previous post, sorry - Dave
    If you are helped, increase the reputation of the poster -

  6. #6
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    ferrarr's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 21, 2012
    Location
    Pawtucket, RI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,686
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 11 iOS 13, 1st Gen 12.9" iPad Pro iPadOS 13
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
    I'm having problems trying to sync my iTunes and my iPads and iPhone. I keep getting error messages, "There was a temporary problem completing your request. An unknown error occurred (9039)". I also get another message telling me that when I try to sync my phone that I don't have enough space when it comes to my music. I have roughly 16 gb of memory but the message tells me I need 26 GB. Even when I remove half of my play lists I still get this message.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem??? thanks
    Maybe you could provide more information about all of your devices involved?

    OS versions?
    Available storage space?


    Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

  7. #7
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    Slydude's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 16, 2009
    Location
    North Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    15,044
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.15.5 beta
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by redtwo View Post
    This seems to be happening since Apple messed with iTunes and selling songs and videos! All I want is to be able to sync my phones and iPads to work from one controller (iTunes ).
    Apple has been selling music and videos using iTunes as the front end for some time now so I doubt that is the root of this issue. The only real difference lately is that macOS Catalina splits the media into several categories (Music, videos, etc).

    I suspect something else is at the root of this problem.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

  8. #8
    Having iTunes Problems???  HELP
    IWT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2009
    Location
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Posts
    6,491
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Rep Power
    22
    @redtwo,

    You have been a little shy about the setup of your devices.

    We gather that you are running out of "Storage" space (Not Memory) on your iPhone and this may apply to your iPad, who knows?

    You said in Post #1 -
    I have roughly 16 gb of memory but the message tells me I need 26 GB. Even when I remove half of my play lists I still get this message.
    It's telling you that you don't have enough Storage space - and removing Playlists won't help at all because your Playlists don't copy music to them - which would take up space - they create links to your music. Therefore removing playlists will not free up any relevant space.

    I totally understand your frustration and the desire to tear your hair out over this. That is quite natural; but remember we know practically nothing about your setup.

    So please, may we ask you to provide this:

    1. Which iPhone, model (eg iPhone 8, x, 11 etc) running which iOS (12.x or 13.x?) Ditto for your iPad. And what is the Storage on these iDevices - eg 32GB, 64GB, 128GB etc

    2. iTunes - okay. On which Mac - or is it Windows? We need exact details of your Mac or other computer - Model, year, which Operating System (OS).

    3, Following on from that, which version of iTunes? Latest version is 12.9.5.5

    Take us into your confidence, please, and give us as much info as you can about all the components in your system.

    We are here to help, and willingly, but lack a crystal ball

    Ian
    Ian

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. itunes problems
    By jtkeep in forum macOS - Apps and Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2018, 11:35 AM
  2. HELP! itunes problems..?
    By naomiquexi in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
  3. iTunes problems
    By TabletMan in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 08:52 PM
  4. itunes problems
    By ItsmeShane in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 03:11 PM
  5. iTunes Problems
    By nirvana92fan in forum macOS - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 09:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •