Odd, green search icon in Safari preferences
    Hello all

This doesn't appear to be causing any issues but is a little odd. In Safari prefs the icon for the search tab is 'wrong' - it's green, aliased and rotated (or possible squashed in the y-axis). Anyone got any ideas what's happened here?

This is Safari 13.0.4 and the only extensions I'm running are 1Password and Grammarly.

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 11.39.38.png

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    What are the settings for Grammerly? Does it offer search suggestions? Can you disable to test? You may need to restart Safari.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    macbook air 2010 11" HSierra
    I just installed 13.0.4 on my MBair, and have the original "magni-find" glass, so that has to be a plug-in effecting the icons.
    Safari is still a bit slower than edge chromium.
    MacBook Air 2010 4gb Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and Snow Leopard 10.6.8
    i fixed everything on the macbook my self and repaired many in the past.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    I installed Grammerly to see what appeared, my icon for search is unchanged and the icon you have is NOT Grammerly. I'm thinking something else is going on. Grammerly is a service that checks for spelling and grammar errors in what you type. It is widely used and not harmful at all. Sometimes annoying, like someone who is constantly checking what you say, but not malicious in any way.
    Jake

Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    I installed Grammerly to see what appeared, my icon for search is unchanged and the icon you have is NOT Grammerly. I'm thinking something else is going on. Grammerly is a service that checks for spelling and grammar errors in what you type. It is widely used and not harmful at all. Sometimes annoying, like someone who is constantly checking what you say, but not malicious in any way.
    Did you download Grammerly or or is it something you needed to get from the macOS App Store?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    I would have to guess some kind of issue with a cache (icon, system, safari, user?). Not sure where exactly to start. If restarting Safari or the Mac itself doesn't fix it, running Onyx' tools should do the trick.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Did you download Grammerly or or is it something you needed to get from the macOS App Store?
    Grammarly is in the app store, although I got it directly from Grammarly.com. Basically it checks all writing you do for grammar errors, including posts in websites, and can suggest corrections when the grammar or spelling is not optimum. it works pretty well and doesn't cost anything for the basic functions, which is all I need at the moment.
    Jake

Thread Information