Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Checkbook Software - What to use?

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac and Macbook
    Update on my Moneyworks software try. It was just too confusing for me setting up the accounts. I couldn't figure out how to link accounts. It is just so simple with Account Edge. I gave up the fight and updated the memory and OS on my 2007 iMac and will just use it there. Sometimes it's just too frustrating to learn new stuff after being with one thing over 20 years.

Your Mac's Specs
    2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
    If simple bookkeeping will suffice, such as the paper register that comes with a book of checks, it's easy to make a spreadsheet with Numbers.app or Excel. If you want one for Excel (xlsx format), PM me & I'll be happy to send you the template. It's just a boring check book register that does the math. (I think Excel templates will open in Apple's Numbers.app.)

Excel for Mac 2011 version has several personal & business finance templates built in.
    Enjoy This Day!
    Paul

PS: Thank You Randy B. Singer for posting the link to the accounting applications. Your list has many great choices to explore!

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac: 27”, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone5s
    For what it's worth I use and quite like iBank. Not perfect but allows me to keep an eye on forthcoming expenditure and keep a check on all my account balances.
    Experience teaches you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac and Macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawday View Post
    For what it's worth I use and quite like iBank. Not perfect but allows me to keep an eye on forthcoming expenditure and keep a check on all my account balances.
    I used iBank for a couple of years on personal accounts. It worked pretty well but at times could be frustrating. I don't need all those graphs and pie charts. Finally someone said why don't you just use Account Edge (I use it on my business). I think iBank is called Banktivity now. They had a good forum years ago for help

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyspeed View Post
    I used iBank for a couple of years on personal accounts. It worked pretty well but at times could be frustrating. I don't need all those graphs and pie charts. Finally someone said why don't you just use Account Edge (I use it on my business). I think iBank is called Banktivity now. They had a good forum years ago for help
    I used to use iBank myself but got disgusted when they not only failed to address ongoing issues with inter-device syncing sometimes leading to errors "somewhere" in the ledgers, but eventually launched their long overdue dedicated iPad app with a subscription-only model. My wife and I abandoned them for iFinance and never looked back.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by nancyspeed View Post
    ..Account Edge (I use it on my business).
    Unless you are willing to use their cloud-based/subscription product, AccountEdge is no longer an option:

AccountEdge for Mac Options

That's one of the reasons that I created my Macintosh Accounting Software Web site; to help Mac users find an alternate accounting product:

Macintosh Accounting Software
    Randy B. Singer
    Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th, and 6th editions)
    Mac OS X Routine Maintenance http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

Your Mac's Specs
    27" 2019 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy B. Singer View Post
    Unless you are willing to use their cloud-based/subscription product, AccountEdge is no longer an option:

AccountEdge for Mac Options

That's one of the reasons that I created my Macintosh Accounting Software Web site; to help Mac users find an alternate accounting product:

Macintosh Accounting Software
    This came up in another thread, but she upgraded an older iMac with more RAM so she could install El Capitan and use Account Edge on that due to loss of support in Catalina. She was more comfortable doing that for now than trying a VM or Boot Camp option.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | Find Any File | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | DetectX: Malware monitoring and removal | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information