Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    I'm using Catalina, and I just clicked on Songs in the sidebar and there it was. I can do a screenshot if anybody wants one.

EDIT: In post #12, he shows the Songs view in list. There is a header bar at the top. That's where I right clicked and all of the possible columns appeared.

EDIT 2: Here is a screenshot of Music, Songs view, right-clicked on menu bar and options visible.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 7.43.44 PM.png
    Last edited by MacInWin; 12-09-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    You're right. He is already in song mode and he is in column view but there are two things wrong that I haven't quite figured out.

1. If you look at the menu in his screenshot (post #12) the option that toggles column view off and on isn't there. It s for me even though I'm already in column view mode.
    2. In his screenshot and yours the feature he really wants is missing. I'm having trouble adding a screenshot at the moment but it's a look that shows info for several albums at once.

Edit: To see the view that he wants Go to the View menu and scroll down to Column browser. Several possible options appear in a pop out menu on the right. Make sure one or more options are checked and see how the view changes.
    Last edited by Slydude; 12-09-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    1. If you look at the menu in his screenshot (post #12) the option that toggles column view off and on isn't there. It s for me even though I'm already in column view mode.
    Can't say what you are looking at, but in Music, what is visible in post #12 is the menu for when you click on View on the top bar. And there is no Column view option because I think column view is only in Songs, as you said earlier.

2. In his screenshot and yours the feature he really wants is missing. I'm having trouble adding a screenshot at the moment but it's a look that shows info for several albums at once.
    I'm not sure what that means. He said in post #5 he wanted Genre, artist and Album. So if he selected those three columns he could then sort on any of the three by clicking on the appropriate header.

Edit: To see the view that he wants Go to the View menu and scroll down to Column browser. Several possible options appear in a pop out menu on the right. Make sure one or more options are checked and see how the view changes.
    When I click on View, there is no option for Column browser.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 9.02.52 PM.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MacInWin; 12-09-2019 at 10:09 PM. Reason: I have no idea why two images are showing, only one in the post.
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
    Quote Originally Posted by MacInWin View Post
    Can't say what you are looking at, but in Music, what is visible in post #12 is the menu for when you click on View on the top bar. And there is no Column view option because I think column view is only in Songs, as you said earlier.

I'm not sure what that means. He said in post #5 he wanted Genre, artist and Album. So if he selected those three columns he could then sort on any of the three by clicking on the appropriate header.

When I click on View, there is no option for Column browser.
    You see exactly what I see. Column Browser isn't an available option, but is was in all previous versions of iTunes. It was apparently omitted in the Music app. Supposedly it's coming back in the next update as mentioned earlier. Go follow the link in post 7, lots of folks there upset that the column browser is gone and very happy its coming back. Thats why it was my number 1 gripe in my previous post.

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    L2014 Mac mini macOS 15, iPhone 8+ iOS 13, 12.9" iPad Pro 1 iPadOS 13,  Pencil 1
    Are these the options you're looking for?

Untitled.png
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    You see exactly what I see. Column Browser isn't an available option
    So, does what I showed in post #16 not meet the need? I'm not a big user of Music, nor of the late iTunes, so I am not familiar with exactly what it is you are looking for.
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Ian

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    Has Apple really released 10.15.2 as he said? I haven't seen it and it's not showing up in Software Update. Is he talking beta?
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Ian

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Are these the options you're looking for?

Untitled.png
    No, that's not column browser. I'm looking for an option called Column Browser. Not View options or column options.

So, does what I showed in post #16 not meet the need? I'm not a big user of Music, nor of the late iTunes, so I am not familiar with exactly what it is you are looking for.
    Nope, not what I have pretty much always used in iTunes. Column Browser is a completely different layout than just columns. With a large library like mine, viewing any way other than column browser is very cumbersome.

I'm amazed at how many people aren't familiar with the column browser option. It was the default layout for along time in iTunes, until Apple tried to bury it (and then removed it in Music).

Looks like the update has been released. I'll run it when I get home and see if it does indeed have the Column Browser option present. I'm also hoping that the option is present in the TV App as well. I have well over 1000 movies and 4500+ TV show episodes and Colum browser makes them much easier to brows as well.

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    I just updated and I see what you wanted. I don't see the use of it, as I don't play Music on my MBP, but it is there.
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    I just updated and I see what you wanted. I don't see the use of it, as I don't play Music on my MBP, but it is there.
    Great to hear it! By chance did you happen to notice if it's in the TV App as well?

I guess its just what I'm used to after so many years of using it. Like I said, my libraries are so large that anything else seems cumbersome to use.

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    Sorry, baggss, I have never run TV, have nothing there to test with. maybe someone else can help?
    Jake

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Catalina
    According to Apple, Catalina 10.15.2 restores the Column Browser to the new Music app. Catalina 10.15.2 is available for download today. See our other thread regarding the update.

Apples "Music" App...
    Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    @baggss Maybe the reason I was seeing this option and you weren't is that I was running the public beta,
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Thread Information