Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Damaged Framework

Your Mac's Specs
    21.5" IMAC, 3.1 GHz quad coreIntel Core I5 w/4MB 1.3 cache, 8GB 1867MHz LPDDR memory, 1TB 5400 rpm
    Damaged Framework
    I have a 2015 Mac with a 3.1 GHZ Quad Core I5 with 8 GB memory and just recently installed the latest Catalina OS. While trying to install a Widget for a Jacquie Lawson application. I got the following message: ADOBE AIR FRAMEWORK IS DAMAGED AND CANNOT BE OPENED. I went into the applications>utilities and removed Adobe Air and then went to their website and reinstalled it and got the same message. What do I need to do from this point on.

Damaged Framework
    Catalina only supports 64-bit applications, so you might still run into issues, but let's try something. Open up the Terminal (Applications->Utilities->Terminal) and run the following commands
    Code:
    cd /Library/Frameworks
    ls -l@ ./Adobe\ AIR.framework/
    The first command will put you into the Frameworks folder and the second command might have some output. If you get back "Adobe AIR.framework" as a response, then it might be quarantined from running.

Run the following command
    Code:
    sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine ./Adobe\ AIR.framework
    ls -l@ ./Adobe\ AIR.framework/
    The first command will no longer quarantine it and the second command should likely return nothing at all.

Now try your app/widget again and see if it works.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Damaged Framework

Your Mac's Specs
    21.5" IMAC, 3.1 GHz quad coreIntel Core I5 w/4MB 1.3 cache, 8GB 1867MHz LPDDR memory, 1TB 5400 rpm
    I got into the screen through applications>utilities>terminal and double clicked on terminal then typed the string attached and it told me: no such file or directory. I tried typing it in several different manners but could not get past no such file or directory. It has to be something I am not doing as I am not that qccomplished on this thing.

Damaged Framework
    Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    @timkins

Might I humbly suggest that you Copy/Paste, rather than type in, the code that Moderator Ashwin produced for you, keeping the line structure as he has set it out?

I readily admit my near total ignorance as regards Terminal; and openly admire the likes of Ashwin with such marvellous skills. At least I have enough sense to steer clear of things I don't understand. But I think the Copy/Paste suggestion avoids typo errors, spacing errors and the like.

Ian
    Ian

Damaged Framework
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    @timkins:

I've had problems with Adobe Air in the past. You need to track down all instances of Adobe Air and remove them. Then, reinstall.

I strongly suggest using the EasyFind app to find all instances of Adobe Air. The Framework notations are hidden and will be difficult to find. EasyFind will find them for you and you can delete directly from the app.

DEVONtechnologies | Needful Things

Damaged Framework
    Quote Originally Posted by timkins View Post
    I got into the screen through applications>utilities>terminal and double clicked on terminal then typed the string attached and it told me: no such file or directory. I tried typing it in several different manners but could not get past no such file or directory. It has to be something I am not doing as I am not that qccomplished on this thing.
    Did you get that error with the first command, the "cd", one? But if you get that error with the second command, "ls -l@", then that's an OK error to have and also means that Adobe AIR isn't quarantined and my solution is not going to help.

Lots of others are complaining about Catalina and Adobe Air failing this way with no real resolution. Not sure if Air is even a product that Adobe is supporting, so they might not be in a hurry to get it to be compatible with Catalina if it isn't yet.
    --
    Regards
    ...Ashwin

Damaged Framework
    Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Adobe Air is a required app for some other apps to work correctly. One such app that uses Adobe Air is the Zinio magazine reader. (And there are others.)

Damaged Framework

Your Mac's Specs
    I typed in the response exactly as it was on the screen and then tried all variations of the string you gave me with the same results no such file or directory. Would it be reasonable to try the EasyFind suggestion chscag suggested as I am always reluctant to try and download something to repair something else.

Damaged Framework
    Your Mac's Specs
    MBP 15" Mid 2015, iPhone 11 Pro, an iMac, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMini
    Yes, it would be very reasonable to do that. EasyFind won't "fix" anything, but it will allow you to find anything on any drive.
    Jake

Thread Information