Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AHA! I was complaining because Preview was automatically saving any changes I made to a photo and I did not see an option in my File meant to do a "Save As..." as KRS was mentioning and KRS is using the same OS as I am (ElCapitan) and he had that file option. Well - just today, I decided to look at the Preview Help items and found that "if you don't see a Save As in your file menu - hold down the Option Key when selecting Save" - and a Save As option pops up! How simple - if you know to do it! Now I can save various versions of my changes. After all these years - I'm just now discovering that!

I'm just now seeing your reply KRS re inserting an image in the Forum. What a round-about way to do it! One thing I'd really like to see is a HELP menu in this forum. If there is one, I haven't found it. I'm a long-time member, but gave up using it years ago because I couldn't figure out how to navigate in the forum very well. I just started again, and it's pretty confusing for me (Just things like trying to insert an image in a reply - that you just answered for me).

Preview is auto saving changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Withrow View Post
    Just things like trying to insert an image in a reply - that you just answered for me.
    I got fed up with the way FireFox brings up the window to save an image in this forum (which I had described), so I switched to the Brave browser.
    That wasn't the only thing that annoyed me about FireFox, but it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
    To be fair, when one runs the W3C validator on the main forum site here, it comes up with 73 coding errors, so it's not really clear if the issue is with FireFox or the forum code.

I also got fed up having to hold the Option key down every time I use "Save As..."; I use that optionpretty much continuously every day when I do any work on the Mac where I manipulate data, so I implemented the simple "fix" to make "Save As..." a standard part of my File option that is there all the time.

Thread Information