Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/macforums1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8GB. + macbook
    I can't be classed as a switcher anymore, but don't know where else to put this.
    I've got PSE11 on my imac running Mojave 10.14.6. I get the box that tells me it won't run on 64 bit, and I might go to Catalina some time when all the problems are ironed out.
    Can anyone tell me how to go about this? I bought it on a dvd.
    Pete.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    The last two or three versions of Photoshop Elements have been 64-bet. Those might work with Catalina. The only one that specifically mentions Catalina is the most recent one. You can find a list of the system requirements for the last several versions can be found here.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Moved here to Mac OS Apps and Games.

Quote Originally Posted by hoody View Post
    I can't be classed as a switcher anymore, but don't know where else to put this.
    I've got PSE11 on my imac running Mojave 10.14.6. I get the box that tells me it won't run on 64 bit, and I might go to Catalina some time when all the problems are ironed out.
    Can anyone tell me how to go about this? I bought it on a dvd.
    PSE11 must be fairly old - I bought PSE15 2 1/2 years ago. PSE15 is shown as 64-bit so I assume it will run fine on Catalina
    If PSE11 shows as non-Catalina compatible, you will have to upgrade to a version that is 64-bit - did you contact Adobe to see if they have some sort of upgrade offer?
    There is nothing you can do to make the application 64-bit, if that is what you are getting at.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    I've had PSE11 since I purchased my first MBP in 2011 and even then it wasn't the latest version. I keep getting warnings it will be obsolete and am trialling Affinity which is quite a bit cheaper than a new version of PSE.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac, 21.5",OSX, Mojave Late 2012. Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5. Memory 8GB. + macbook
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Moved here to Mac OS Apps and Games.
    Thanks.
    Pete.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by krs View Post
    PSE11 must be fairly old - I bought PSE15 2 1/2 years ago. PSE15 is shown as 64-bit so I assume it will run fine on Catalina
    If PSE11 shows as non-Catalina compatible, you will have to upgrade to a version that is 64-bit - did you contact Adobe to see if they have some sort of upgrade offer?
    There is nothing you can do to make the application 64-bit, if that is what you are getting at.
    Contact Adobe!! I'd be better off trying to contact my great great great grandfather, and I'm 72. It looks as though I'll be staying with Mojave for some time yet. It would be nice if they did have an upgrade offer, but if they have, I can't find it.
    Pete.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by badshoehabit View Post
    I've had PSE11 since I purchased my first MBP in 2011 and even then it wasn't the latest version. I keep getting warnings it will be obsolete and am trialling Affinity which is quite a bit cheaper than a new version of PSE.
    I must admit I didn't realise it was that old. Time flies when you're enjoying yourself.
    Pete.

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by hoody View Post
    Contact Adobe!! I'd be better off trying to contact my great great great grandfather, and I'm 72. It looks as though I'll be staying with Mojave for some time yet. It would be nice if they did have an upgrade offer, but if they have, I can't find it.
    I stand corrected... by myself. Here in Oz it seems I can get an upgrade to PSE 2020 for A$116.59 from Adobe themselves. I'll have to start putting the money away... maybe.
    Pete.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    My experience with upgrading to Catalina with Adobe Acrobat Pro was that despite it being 64bit it was deleted during the installation. Not merely marked as unlaunchable, as were two 32bit apps I left in situ deliberately, but completely gone.
    A little investigation seemed to suggest that it had been replaced by Acrobat Pro DC, see here; Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: PDF converter, convert PDFs from anywhere.
    I am not willing to pay a subscription fee for it and as it has not, according to what I have read, been fully tested for macOS Catalina yet I'm not likely to any time soon.
    Preview does a perfectly good job for my needs at the moment.
    So while your version is 64bit it may well disappear on upgrade leaving you with only Elements 2019 or 2020 available at the fairly high prices mentioned here; System requirements | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Your Mac's Specs
    MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Mojave; iPhone 7 128gb; iPad Mini 2, 32gb
    Affinity Photo is £49.99 in the UK (same in dollars for Australia), no subscription. Framework looks similar to PSE but I've not tried it out.
    Sue

If the shoe fits, buy it in every colour.

Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
    Your Mac's Specs
    2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13" macOSX 10.15.1
    That's an option, I'll have a look at that myself. Thanks Sue.
    I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect.

Has anyone tried Luminar?
    This sounds as if Luminar 3 has been around for a while and Luminar 4 is coming out
    Cutting-edge Photo Editor for Mac & PC | Skylum

I use PSE15 only to correct image distortion, however if the distortion is more than just minor, PSE15 doesn't do such a great job correcting that.

I came across another software that specifically is designed to do only that, in the example shown it does a terrific job
    Easily Correct Perspective & Vertical Line Distortion In Photos

...but it's a Windows only app.

BTW - Does anyone use Seashore?
    The Seashore Project download | SourceForge.net

Your Mac's Specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    My experience with upgrading to Catalina with Adobe Acrobat Pro was that despite it being 64bit it was deleted during the installation. Not merely marked as unlaunchable, as were two 32bit apps I left in situ deliberately, but completely gone.
    A little investigation seemed to suggest that it had been replaced by Acrobat Pro DC, see here; Adobe Acrobat Pro DC: PDF converter, convert PDFs from anywhere.
    I am not willing to pay a subscription fee for it and as it has not, according to what I have read, been fully tested for macOS Catalina yet I'm not likely to any time soon.
    Preview does a perfectly good job for my needs at the moment.
    So while your version is 64bit it may well disappear on upgrade leaving you with only Elements 2019 or 2020 available at the fairly high prices mentioned here; System requirements | Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 & Premiere Elements 2020
    Thanks Rod. I'll go back to my earlier comment about not upgrading until much later.
    Pete.

Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 21.5" 3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM Catalina. iPad Air. iPhone 6S. iPod nano.
    Just for info I had Photoshop Elements 2018 on Mojave and it was still there and working after the upgrade to Catalina. However it was only ok until I uninstalled it (don't ask!) and then it wouldn't re-install afterwards. So if you've got it leave it alone!!
    Peter - I used to be paranoid but now I just worry all the time

Thread Information