Please visit the new Mac-Forums Facebook page:
Join Us @ Mac-Forums Facebook Page

Smile PDFZone - an app to rename or extract your PDFs based on their content, from predefined zones
    Dear mac-forums members,

I would like to present an home-made application for macOS: PDFZone.
    The goal of this post is to exchange about the application, discuss new features that could help you, ...

What does it do?

It recognises automatically the PDFs you give him, and examines the content, based on zones you previously defined in a PDF of the same type (i.e. same provider).
    Then it can:
    - Rename these PDF files automatically with a pattern of your choice
    - Export the extracted values to a CSV, for further analysis in an application of your choice (typically Excel or Numbers)

Where can I find it?

On the Mac App Store. Search for PDFZone. You'll find two versions:
    - PDFZone LITE, free with some restrictions
    - PDFZone, with no restrictions. It is a one-time purchase

How can I know more?

You are welcome to reply to this thread, I would be happy to answer your questions. You can also visit the app's website: PDFZone App - PDF renaming or extraction based on content from predefined zones

Any feedback is appreciated as I'm looking to continuously improve the app!

Thanks!

Some screenshots:

Last edited by vomi; 08-09-2019 at 08:03 AM.

PDFZone - an app to rename or extract your PDFs based on their content, from predefined zones
    Is this any relation to the PDFZone.app that is listed here or is it the same:
    PDFZone 2.1.1 free download for Mac | MacUpdate

At least the name is the same.

- Patrick
    ======

Indeed, this is the same application. MacUpdate gets his data from the Mac App Store automatically.

PDFZone - an app to rename or extract your PDFs based on their content, from predefined zones
    Quote Originally Posted by vomi View Post
    Indeed, this is the same application. MacUpdate gets his data from the Mac App Store automatically.

OK, thanks, but not to knock your application, I didn't think blatant advertising posts for commercial software applications was allowed or tolerated in these forums. At least not without some super special $$ discount!!

- Patrick
    ======

Well, if that helps, it is currently discounted -70% during August. This is a one-time purchase, meaning that future updates will come for free.

Don't forget the Lite version that allows to use it for free.

I really think this app can be useful for mac users, because it is in the spirit of simplifying things. I personally use it to automate part of my accounting, and to share my work with other people, I put the app on the store.
    Last edited by vomi; 08-09-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    Quote Originally Posted by pm-r View Post
    OK, thanks, but not to knock your application, I didn't think blatant advertising posts for commercial software applications was allowed or tolerated in these forums. At least not without some super special $$ discount!!

- Patrick
    ======
    Patrick: Member vomi asked our permission and has been approved to post.

Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Patrick: Member vomi asked our permission and has been approved to post.

Thanks for the info Charlie.

I don't mind and it's nice to see that there is a free version, I was just a bit surprised to see an offer (Ad basically) posted to the forums here.

I just wonder if some other software developer members here might have their nose out of joint just a wee bit.

- Patrick
    ======

Your Mac's Specs
    2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, Numerous iPods, Mojave
    We are always open to developers if they first ask permission to post to our forums. We actually welcome their input with certain restrictions of course. We also encourage developers to monitor questions regarding their apps that may arise in our forums. We recently saw the developer of iMazing join our forums to answer a question.

Your Mac's Specs
    2.8 GHz 2008 MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone XS, 2015 iMac 16 GB 10.14.4 beta
    Agreed Charlie. Taking off my moderator hat for a moment I don't have a problem with developers taking part in our forum and even mentioning their apps as long as the posts are relevant to the thread (as was the case with the iMazing post).

We've had others be less discerning about their posts (attempting to post their spam in every thread) I think we would all have a problem with that but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
    Kevin Durant

Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Your Mac's Specs
    iMac 5K Retina 27", August 2019, 3.6GHz Intel Core i9, Memory 32GB, 2TB SSD, macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    We are always open to developers if they first ask permission to post to our forums. We actually welcome their input with certain restrictions of course. We also encourage developers to monitor questions regarding their apps that may arise in our forums. We recently saw the developer of iMazing join our forums to answer a question.
    Indeed we did and their assistance and advice was much appreciated. In case anyone missed it, it can be found here: iMazing taking up 200GB of drive space!

Hope you don't mind my intruding into this thread

Ian
    Ian

Thank you for your warm welcome.
    Indeed, the goal of this thread is to exchange about your needs, ideas, possible issues, ... that could result in new functionalities.

Please share your feedback, positive, or negative

Thread Information